Go to Best Buy on Dec. 18th if you want a 360.

Mark of the Wolves

mullet bullet
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3146057

A number of 1UP members (not to mention gamers everywhere) have expressed concern over the promised weekly shipments of Xbox 360s, especially what it means for large-scale retail outlets like Best Buy, who typically receive more machines than game specialty shops like GameStop.

Over the weekend, through a leaked employee newsletter and official responses, we've learned more about what the retailer plans for its Xbox 360 roll outs. Best Buy will be promoting and selling more machines nationwide on December 18th. Stores have been told to set aside 20 premium machines for the promotion (though reports from employees vary from the entire shipment to only 20), and extras could appear, depending on the store, as soon as December 16th.

During the launch frenzy, there were many reports of consumers being forced into purchasing additional accessories and other extras during their Best Buy experience, despite an apparent company policy of not forcing bundles onto Best Buy consumers. Talking to the San Jose Mercury News, Best Buy confirmed some stores were inappropriately been selling bundles, but consumers were welcome to return or exchange any part of their bundles.

You shouldn't run into any similar problems with future shipments, either. "...we have taken appropriate measures to ensure this situation will not occur with future Xbox 360 promotions," said a Best Buy spokesperson to the newspaper. "We extend our sincere apologies to our customers."

You may want to line up now though. :kekeke:

thatdemoguy

Guerilla Warrior,
AHHHHHH round 2 of me vs. spoiled johnny's mommy.
More $$$ for me to make I guess.

O.

Insaneclown

ICP Suxorz
I did that on Digitpress.com and they all shitted on me. They dont like spoilers...sheeesshhhh...who cares. They need to lightening up over there. I need to bring the Neo troops over there. :D

not sonic

King of Typists,
15 Year Member
O. Yashiro said:
AHHHHHH round 2 of me vs. spoiled johnny's mommy.
More $$$ for me to make I guess.

O.

cunt :chimp:

some of us want to play it

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
I think I'm going to hold off on a 360 purchase until I'm finished with Morrowind. So maybe in like 10 years or so.

My dad likes a challenge, so I put the premium 360 on my Christmas list. I figured his chances are near zero, but if I do end up with one, good for me.

I'm turning 30 next year. No, I don't live in his basement. He just spoils us all rotten.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
If I wasn't so lazy I'd go to Best Buy, pick one up, put it on ebay as a three day auction with overnight shipping, and see how much profit I could make.

I'd also show the auction to ThirdKind's father.

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Don't hold your breath guys. I work at WorstBuy and even employees have to wait. I waited literally 16.5 hours for the first 360 launch (thanks EB Games, damn feckers)!

The line starts early, so bring food and bundle up.:rolleyes:

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
GT40PWR said:
Don't hold your breath guys. I work at WorstBuy and even employees have to wait. I waited literally 16.5 hours for the first 360 launch (thanks EB Games, damn feckers)!

The line starts early, so bring food and bundle up.:rolleyes:

When will you have them in?

The 18th?

I refuse to wait in a ridiculous line. I wouldn't stand in a 30 minute line, let alone a 10 hour one. If I call a Best Buy on the 17th they won't hold one for me?

Capt. Lurker

There's a post count?What the fuck isThat All abou
Stinky-Dinkins said:
When will you have them in?

The 18th?

I refuse to wait in a ridiculous line. I wouldn't stand in a 30 minute line, let alone a 10 hour one. If I call a Best Buy on the 17th they won't hold one for me?

We honestly have no idea when the systems come in. I found out just 3 days before launch. We can't even get close to them or hold one aside for ourself. It blows trust me.

We have had tons of people ask us when the systems are coming in, even my friends keep bugging me and all I can do is shrugg my shoulders and reply with "dude, I simply don't know how many and when".

As far as calling them and having Best Buy hold one >chuckles< yea right. Like I said I waited 16.5 hours for mine. Heck I am still waiting for my reserved one from EB Games to come in. It's paid off but somehow I went from being within the first 12 people for the initial launch to being #19. :rolleyes: yea right:spock:

I called EvilBitches Games yesterday and he said I am #6 now and they are only getting 4 systems in tomorrow(Wed), and that I would get my initial reserved one next week.

Good Luck

T

TheDjinn

They will be in between the 11th and the 16th, but all stores are instructed to hold them for Sunday the 18th.

thirdkind

Chin's Bartender
20 Year Member
Stinky-Dinkins said:
I'd also show the auction to ThirdKind's father.

He would laugh at your silly ways and buy me a coat or something.

And there are no capital letters in my name. I'm only l337 enough for all lowercase. Initial caps for each syllable are an entirely different level of l337n355. That would normally put you above me, but you have a hyphen.

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
thirdkind said:
I think I'm going to hold off on a 360 purchase until I'm finished with Morrowind. So maybe in like 10 years or so.

My dad likes a challenge, so I put the premium 360 on my Christmas list. I figured his chances are near zero, but if I do end up with one, good for me.

I'm turning 30 next year. No, I don't live in his basement. He just spoils us all rotten.

Heh, me and thirdkind are about the same age. I don't live in a basement either, but rather a shithole apartment complex.

My parents also spoil me pretty good, now that I'm no longer a clusterfuck, but they refuse to buy me a house. :(

It helps to be a hoodlum early on in life, then parents are more grateful once you turn yourself around. :kekeke:

Eldios

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Anyone hear anyting futher confirming that Best Buy will be getting more in on the 18th?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
im gonna keke when bestbuy doesnt get shit and all those nerds camp out all night for the morning of the 18th. why do you want a defective 360? i am waiting till the 2nd revision next year.

The BEAST3

Dodgeball Yakuza
DashK said:
im gonna keke when bestbuy doesnt get shit and all those nerds camp out all night for the morning of the 18th. why do you want a defective 360? i am waiting till the 2nd revision next year.

Same here DashK, I have a friend who works at a Best Buy near my house, and he said they will get them in on the 16th of Dec, but it's way too cold to wait for a shitty system.