FS: Various Video Scaler Setups

Thamiel

Mr. Big's Thug
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys, moving on some machines i've had my fun with to make way for a few new purchases. Everything works perfectly, just need some room to play with some new toys!

HD Box Pro $25 - Quick and dirty Component to VGA video scaler, basically a cased up version of the GBS 8220 arcade scaler board but limited to component input. Pair your 240p consols with a SCART to Component transcoder, feed that into this thing and it works just fine.

Vigatec FX2 Linedoubler $200 - Absolutely killer linedoubler, works fantastically for 240p stuff. Cannot stress how rock solid the picture from this thing is on your old consoles. Also good for those consoles you have to use Composite for as it has a great comb filter in it. Pair it up with a scanline generator and be blown away. Quite hard to find.

Optoma HD3000 $200 - Not so good for old stuff but great for 480i and stunning for 480p. I was feeding my old consoles into the Vigatec FX2 and then into this thing to upscale upto 720p. Had the power supply rebuilt recently so no chance of that going anytime soon.

Gefen VGA to DVI Scaler Plus $150 - Razor sharp and lightning fast scaling, gets those 480p VGA signals (Dreamcast!) upto 1080p no worries. Perfectly compatible with a DVI to HDMI adapter so you can run your Dreamcast at 1080p via HDMI. Best use is to be paired with the Vigatec FX2 for a complete old school to 1080p setup!

SLG 3000 $30 - The famous scanline generator. Add CRT style scanlines to your scaler setup.

Reviews of all these items can be found here: http://retrogaming.hazard-city.de/

Prices are not firm, feel free to PM offers. Better deals for those that grab a couple of items.

Items located in Australia.