FS: PS3 console backwards compatible plays 1,2,3 psx games!

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Somehow, I got ahold of this rare ps3. It's the even more rarer than the regular 60 gig version. My understanding is that its one of those retail store ps3 that was meant for the public for use to test and play ps3 games. The only persons allowed to order this version are store managers say of Gamestop or Companies that Sold the Ps3. This was only meant to display ps3's capabilities and not to be owned by the common folk such as ourselves.

Not all Store versions are backward compatible but the one in my hands is it plays 1, 2 and 3 playstation games and has the desired 4 usbs at the front of the console. The size of the hardrive is 80 gigs it was likely to have been changed from a 60 gig.

It has been tested, never tampered with it still has the security sticker in its rightful place. No overheating issues it does have scratches here and there because it looks to have been moved a bit. The system does not have overheating issues associated with the YLOD the fan is calm the system cools good and is quality. Also it doesn't come with any six axis controllers, only Console, power supply and hdmi cables.

At the moment I'll entertain offers for the console not sure what I should sell it for.

I'll put a couple of links for the pics so u guys can see that it actually works:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/pocketgamer/SANY0826.jpg

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k143/pocketgamer/SANY0812.jpg

PS: bear with me my camera is crappy. I can take more pics not a problem just ask. any inquiries plz pm me.

johnnya

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I don't understand how this is a special retail version. My 60 gig PS3 is the normal ol' PS3, and it plays PS1, 2, and 3 games, and it has 4 USB ports.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
I don't understand how this is a special retail version. My 60 gig PS3 is the normal ol' PS3, and it plays PS1, 2, and 3 games, and it has 4 USB ports.

Because it was meant only as a store display, I'm not saying its better than yours though.

IsamuBlue

Formerly Megatron2929
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Are you sure this isn't just an 80GB backwards compatible "phat" retail model? Doesn't sound any different than the one I have at home. :scratch:

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
Are you sure this isn't just an 80GB backwards compatible "phat" retail model? Doesn't sound any different than the one I have at home. :scratch:

Its different than yours because it states demonstration on it and has a lot of its features locked unless you can find a code for its demonstration firmware.

Some people collect all types of consoles I figured someone would be interested. Once again I'm saying its not necessarily better than yours or any other ps3.

About the 80 gig I'm not certain if one was ever made with the 4 usbs.

This link will give u a clue:

http://boardsus.playstation.com/t5/PlayStation-3-General/PS3-Demo-Mode/m-p/32182083

The keywords are demonstration or demo ps3

Last edited:

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
You're best hitting up assemblergames.com over this.

It sounds like it's a store display unit which there are a few things different. For the general public they won't give a crap since it's not like it really does anything special.

On assembler you should find collectors who are more looking for something like this.

Don't expect an insane amount of money for it. They are more common then you think.

Pocketgamer

Ukyo's Doctor
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
150   0   0
You're best hitting up assemblergames.com over this.

It sounds like it's a store display unit which there are a few things different. For the general public they won't give a crap since it's not like it really does anything special.

On assembler you should find collectors who are more looking for something like this.

Don't expect an insane amount of money for it. They are more common then you think.

I'm not trying to get insane numbers, I'm just put it up to see if anyone is interested.

There u go its a "store display unit" thats it<--:lolz:

thanks for the redirect to assemblersgames.com I appreciate it. :)

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
does it have a different model number? I know the 60GB is CECHA01. Does this have a dev model number or something?

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I didn't even know they existed. thanks for sharing the info.
Good to know what is out there and the differences.

Im not sure what someone would offer you for it, at a minimum its worth what other backward compatible units are worth and no less.

JustinS

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Even with some of the features locked down in the demo firmware?

So your saying it has less accessibility?
Well if thats the case then Id have to change my opinion of the value.

Id like to know what "Locked Down" means.

What are all features lost in this version?

Maybe the owner or someone else who knows can chime in.

subbie

Baseball Star Hitter
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Lock down just simply refers to the unit locking customers out of the system so they can't dick around and **** up the unit.

It's pretty much identical to a retail unit other then a custom firmware specifically for stores.

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Lock down just simply refers to the unit locking customers out of the system so they can't dick around and **** up the unit.

It's pretty much identical to a retail unit other then a custom firmware specifically for stores.

yeah. my guess is that the firmware is different. the actual system itself is the regular CECHA01 model.