Frankenstien MV-1F ?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I was cleaning my new board last night and notices it didn't say MV-1F. It says MV-1T in one spot and MV-1FT on another. Is this normal or did I buy a hybrid of two boards? Also I don't know if it matters but it has JP bios.

mv1ftboard.jpg

Sry that I keep pinging the tech forum. I promise i'll make it up sometime. I'm a designer and could always help out with some shockbox graphics or whatever :)

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
Maybe parts of the F got rubbed off making it look like a 1.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
I had a 1T and can't recall what the side markings said, but that definitely looks like a 1T.

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
There was a guy on ebay that offered me a 1T, and I didn't know what he was talking about.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Just to make sure, I looked at it again up close. There isn't anything worn off. The back board says NEO-MVH-SLOT1T. The main board says NEO-MVH-MV1FT.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
No big deal, I mix and match old style 1 slot mobo assemblies all the time.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Only thing really different between a 1F and 1T is the bios orientation and slightly different board layout.

xiao_haozi

Avid Neo-Expert
Only thing really different between a 1F and 1T is the bios orientation and slightly different board layout.

And that board has the orientation of the 1T.

Still can't find any pictures or recall whether my 1T had '1FT' on that side label or not... but the bottom and top pieces in that picture are both 1T layouts.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Oh and the only sucky thing about a 1T is that it's more prone to problems when the battery leaks since the backup ram is located right behind the battery.

lions3

Igniz's Servent

If I order UNIVERSE BIOS at some point what hardware do I need to tell them? Does it really matter? Since the main board with the current JP bios is MV-1FT do I just pick MV-1F?

thanks again everyone for the feedback.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Doesn't matter. You can put a unibios in any MVS system except the Neo print if that's MVS.

marsteam

, Typey McTypes-a-Lot,
Mine says NEO-MVH-SLOT1T on the riser board and
NEO-MVH-MV1T on the main board. It appears to be much longer than your board! I don't see the memory card reader ports on yours.

MV1T.jpg

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Mine says NEO-MVH-SLOT1T on the riser board and
NEO-MVH-MV1T on the main board. It appears to be much longer than your board! I don't see the memory card reader ports on yours.

Thanks for the pics of your 1T. After seeing it I think my main board is a variant of the MV-1F. Also on the left side of the board I have 2 of the 13pin credit ports instead of the memory card ports you have.

Oh and the only sucky thing about a 1T is that it's more prone to problems when the battery leaks since the backup ram is located right behind the battery.

I "should" be fine with the battery. This one is so clean it almost looks new.

lions3

Igniz's Servent
Just keep an eye on it.

Just wanted to post an update.

My MV-1F now has some plexi to protect the top and bottom and also replaced the battery. Thanks Xian for the battery tutorial. You're website is gold. Now trying to decide if I want to consolize the system or just keep using a supergun.

mvsupdate.jpg

Krusher

n00b
Awesome!

goddamn! Thats nice!!!!!!
nice job with the plexi!!
:buttrock:
Just wanted to post an update.

My MV-1F now has some plexi to protect the top and bottom and also replaced the battery. Thanks Xian for the battery tutorial. You're website is gold. Now trying to decide if I want to consolize the system or just keep using a supergun.

mvsupdate.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Good work. If you learn how to shape plexi with a heat gun you can make that look even better.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Ya you let the part you want bent hang over a straight edge and heat along the edge to bend then it will slowly bend or fast if you have a heat gun that's too hot.