Final Fight corrupted graphics

quakesin

n00b
Hello, I have a Final Fight JAMMA PCB thats displaying corrupted graphics whenever a character or object is facing left. Here is a screenshot:

ffight3.jpg

Is there any way to fix this?

Last edited:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Welcome to the forum quakesin

Try reseating the roms, looks like a gfx sprite rom/ram issue

quakesin

n00b
I reseated the roms a few times with no result. When I got this board there was some gunk spilled on it which I cleaned off with some q-tips and alcohol. I'm not sure how to make sure all the pins are making contact. The roms do pass the startup check though. :conf:

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
You may need to pull the 'A' board and the 'B' board apart, clean the connections real good, then plug the two boards back in real good. I had similar probs with a Street Fighter 2 board that was doing the same thing. Very finicky...ended up plugging the 'B' board to a different 'A' board and it solved the problem.

quakesin

n00b
I cleaned the connections between 'A' and 'B' boards I even unhooked the 'C' board and cleaned it. Same corrupted graphics. :conf:

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Do you have a burner, pull the rom and do a checksum check with the mame set

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Can always try and wash the boards with water and a weak soap, wash and dry thoroughly. Hair dryeror sun dry, I reccomend drying with a cloth and using the hair dryer to get under the chips. Also remove ANY batteries.

I had a scrolling graphics issue that also happened on the left of the screen with my KOF'96 MVS cart a year back, washed it and it was perfect!

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
that happen to my old one too.. but not the characters it was just a single line that stay the same across the screen thru out the entire game

like this top

=========================================================

bottom

quakesin

n00b
I washed the 'B' board in some dishwashing soap and used a blow dryer to dry it off real good and it's still displaying the same graphics glitches. What else should I do?

ni-ten

War Room Troll
sounds like corrupted roms, contact someone with a rom flasher

quakesin

n00b
I have been able to get another Final Fight PCB and I tried the old 'B' board with this new PCB's 'A' board and it worked perfectly. That means the problem is with the old 'A' board. There aren't ROMS on the 'A' board are there?

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I have an extra CPS1 A board here... $10 plus shipping and it's yours.

RJ