Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Anybody heard anything recently about this game? It was announced before the DS released, but after that, I've heard just about zilch on the game. Considering a portable Wi-Fi dungeon hacker is a major need for a handheld system, and probably one of the game types I'd play the most; I'm still curious about it.

If they pull off something looking similar to the Gamecube version, it will be quite a looker, on a handheld. Not because of any major 3D aspect, but more on how it's used with the art-style. Artistically, it still looks great.

Note: I love my Wi-Fi USB. It certainly does wonders for my online availability. Now, we just need more stuff.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I haven't seen anything on this game in a while. It is a perfect fit for the DS though, so I hope it makes it out.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
It had better come out. I've had Crystal Chronicles for so long, but nobody I know has the stuff needed to play. Thus, the DS version would be perfect. However, there has been no news, screenshots, or the like so far. Let us all hope it was not quietly cancelled.

TravistyOJ

Another Striker
I'm thinking they are still working on it. The way square works they announce a game, stay quiet and then BAM give loads of info to the press. I expect a NP or EGM issue in the future with a full feature on FF3 and FF:CC. I am so looking forward to these titles!!

Marco's Arms Dealer

Ukyo's Doctor
FF:CC on the DS would be sweet if they had good servers to put it on, ie animal crossing disconnection up the wazoo, they need great servers since alot of people will be in constant play, more levels, more weapons, probably better character maker or a character maker.

Hmm, probably chatrooms to set up their group.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Let me tell you this, I had the pleasure to play 3player Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and it was great fun. Sure my friends and I had to spend a bit to play, but the game is a blast (albeit a bit simple). I loved each player having their own screen, and I really think this title would translate well onto the ds.

Imagine having one screen for gameplay and the other screen for displaying the different maps (treasure, enemy, etc). Would be even better if they would incorporate a good chat function or, god forbid, voice support.

I really hope this comes out for the DS (havent heard anything though :() or that sega would release PSO on it...

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Lagduf said:
Let me tell you this, I had the pleasure to play 3player Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and it was great fun. Sure my friends and I had to spend a bit to play, but the game is a blast (albeit a bit simple). I loved each player having their own screen, and I really think this title would translate well onto the ds.

Imagine having one screen for gameplay and the other screen for displaying the different maps (treasure, enemy, etc). Would be even better if they would incorporate a good chat function or, god forbid, voice support.

I really hope this comes out for the DS (havent heard anything though :() or that sega would release PSO on it...

We've had a few 4-player quest, over here. Of course, playing a Male Selkie, my character was constantly ridiculed because he got the Square disease. You know, lead male characters that can pass for pretty women. In general, we made it far enough to deal with the Cactus creatures that look way too happy and perform Guile-like flash kicks. Still, it was fun, though we didn't really get to play it enough times for us to really get the gist of organizing combination spells. (The timing for good ones is trickier in 4-player).

Of course, this might be the one thing that could be hindered over Wi-Fi. It'll be much tougher, without voice communication, to get the timing down. We'll just have to Zen together and use great hand-eye reflexes. I mean, it's obvious what we're going to do when you see one of us stop, girate, and a glowing colored circle starts moving towards an enemy. And it's easy to see when another person starts doing the same and is moving the circle towards ours, but after that, it's all about watching closely and being quick.

But the disadvantage of the GC needing so much to play the game, multiplayer. We often didn't gave 4 GBAs available and link cables, to go. Now that people have moved around, it'll be even harder to continue. (I only have 2 link cables myself, and only 1 GBA SP compatible to connect to the unit). The DS really opens a lot of possibilities because it removes the hardware dependancies. The DS unit is the only thing you need with the game.