Fc twin system question

Iroshi*Nagasaki

Kabuki Klasher
Hey guys, I feel like this is out of the forum kind of thing but I need the info.I have a ton of Jap.Snes games ,Nes games and U.s games for both systems .I need to know if this system is able to play the imports and also can It be moded for s-video at least? Any comments on this would be greatly appreciated.

FCTwin2.JPG

cosine

n00b
Since it's a bootleg console, I'd venture that it would play imports, since I have a couple of bootleg NES machines that play NES/Famicom stuff, but don't quote me on that ;)

what version is it? the version 3 units have composite out, which is better than RF I suppose.
Nifty machine, none the less. :glee:

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
It should play import games, but you will need to remove the two tabs from the SNES slot to play super famicom carts. As far as S-Video, I doubt it as I imagine they want to make the system as cheap as possible to make and adding s-video would just make it more expensive. I do however want to get one though as it looks like a cool system. Much better then my stand alone famicom clone. How much did you pay for it and from where ?

Iroshi*Nagasaki

Kabuki Klasher
thanks for the reply's boys.There going on ebay for 50 and 60 dolars . I don't know of this system has the 2 plastic slabs that you cut on the regular snes to play S.famicom games,hence the question if it plays imports.I pondering on getting the system since it looks really cool and getting it means I get to have more space on my wall unit rather than having a Nes and a SFamicom seperately.

It has composite video but upgrading to s-video it's the way to go!! if possible.

Kunio

Mr. Big's Thug
Here's a thread over at another forum with good photos of this thingy: http://benheck.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=15332

Here follows my THOUGHTS on this system. I don't own one and have never seen anything else than the photos in the pasted link. I will not take responsibility for the accuracy of this information.

I sincerely doubt that the SNES slot has the tabs. It sounds un-clonish to ADD some kind of import protection like that when it's not needed. (No tabs=same case for all regions=lower production cost)

As I suspected, the system consists of two separate motherboards. The NES-ON-A-CHIP emits composite and composite only (as usual) straight from the chipset and there is nothing you can do to change that.

The SNES part however is using a CXA1145 which should be fairly easy to tap RGB from. S-Video is possible, but needs the addition of the same circuitry as a SNES-2. Gamesx have had an unfinished diagram for ages. If that diagram is ever completed or you complete it yourself, S-Video output is yours but only for SNES games.

According to the photos in the pasted link, it looks like as if FC Twin's SNES part is using the same layout as a generation 1 SNES (=PPU1, PPU2 and CPU instead of all baked into one big chip) which *should* make it possible to hook this baby up in the same manner as that with a 50/60Hz switch for all our European and Australian friends out there.

Verdict: Yes, this system should be able to run both US and Japanese games. PAL games will work as long as they are not import protected (this game pak is not designed for your super famicom or super nes) but if you can hook a switch to it, that problem is gone too.

S-Video and RGB mods are most likely possible, but for SNES games only. For the NES part, you're stuck with composite no matter what. Very cool and impressive piece of hardware indeed.

Last edited: