Era Vulgaris

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
yeah, the three songs I've heard from the album so far, all kick ass. Sounds like I'll like this one more than Lullabies that Paralyze, that album is much weaker than the first three albums.

I heard that the former bass player from Death From Above 1979 does some playing on the album, not sure if he did or not though.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
ltp was not as great as the first 3 albums, but seriously how can you expect someone to continue that kind of greatness forever.

i'm sure era vulgaris will be pretty good, although i'm sure it won't get as much playtime as sftd or 'r'.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
BryLmoo said:
ltp was not as great as the first 3 albums, but seriously how can you expect someone to continue that kind of greatness forever.

i'm sure era vulgaris will be pretty good, although i'm sure it won't get as much playtime as sftd or 'r'.

Agreed.

Still as things are, qotsa is one hell of a band.

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
it leaked.
i kinda like it too!
woooh
:D it's different for QOTSA

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Sigh. I kinda hoped it wouldn't leak or at least I would never hear about it...

Downloading now.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
Listened to it briefly earlier this week. I don't like it at all.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
smuf said:
Listened to it briefly earlier this week. I don't like it at all.

That seems weird and arbitrary. I think it's great.

3's and 7's is a seriously awesome song.

smuf

Vice's Love Slave
15 Year Member
shirt said:
That seems weird and arbitrary. I think it's great.

3's and 7's is a seriously awesome song.

I'll give it another chance later, with the volume cranked up a bit more.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
Listened to this a few times yesterday. This album is a complete let down. This band reached it's peak with Songs for the Deaf, and have been taking a nosedive since then. The only songs on the album that are even all that catchy or have a hook are Sick, Sick, Sick, and 3's and 7's, I'd include Era Vulgaris in that list of good songs, but NO, that song isn't on the album (great move guys). And I'm not sure if everyone's copy they downloaded included the song, Running Joke, but that song is disturbing. The reason it's disturbing, is it's the same fucking chord progression that's been on their "secret" songs on their last two albums as well (way to pull a Tool).

All in all there are only a few kickass songs on this album, the rest is just filler. Very disappointing.

BTW has anyone heard Sick, Sick, Sick played over the Foo Fighters' All My Life. It's pretty insane how much the QOTSA song resembles the Foo Fighters song.

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Tung Fu ru said:
Listened to this a few times yesterday. This album is a complete let down. This band reached it's peak with Songs for the Deaf, and have been taking a nosedive since then. The only songs on the album that are even all that catchy or have a hook are Sick, Sick, Sick, and 3's and 7's, I'd include Era Vulgaris in that list of good songs, but NO, that song isn't on the album (great move guys). And I'm not sure if everyone's copy they downloaded included the song, Running Joke, but that song is disturbing. The reason it's disturbing, is it's the same fucking chord progression that's been on their "secret" songs on their last two albums as well (way to pull a Tool).

All in all there are only a few kickass songs on this album, the rest is just filler. Very disappointing.

BTW has anyone heard Sick, Sick, Sick played over the Foo Fighters' All My Life. It's pretty insane how much the QOTSA song resembles the Foo Fighters song.

:rolleyes: