Egret 2 for sale in Bay Area! California (SOLD)

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
Egret 2 for sale in Bay Area!
$1500 SOLD
I am open to some partial trades like CAVE PCBs or an Atomiswave SD cab.
Here are some better pictures.... The cabinet is very clean overall. The only thing that is really wrong with it is there is some light scratches in the UV coating of the monitor but that can be buffed out. Also there is a 50 yen sticker over the 100 yen sticker. Also on the coin door on the bottom right you can see a large circle sticker on there from when it was in an arcade. It comes with the Egret 2 marquee but it is not shown in the pics. If you have any questions please ask.

98258574.jpg

68810045.jpg

37192599.jpg

60278814.jpg

Last edited:

jayducky2

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! How's the monitor? Any burn-in? Looking to pick up an E2 or BC in February. Good luck with the sale!

l2yan00

Quiz Detective
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
Why is this worth $1500? Doesn't blast city cabs only go for around $1000?

egrets are the most desireable candy since it has a rotate mech that allows the screen to be rotated with ease. they are worth what people are willing to pay for them... this one looks to be really nice condition so it is what it is.... im not bashing his thread but i would rather have 2 or 3 cabs for the price of an egret but everyone has different tastes... gorgeous cab and good luck with the sale bro! im also rather jelous of your cyberlead i see lurking in the background.

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
i would rather have 2 or 3 cabs for the price of an egret but everyone has different tastes...
I would rather drink Napa Pinot Noir than Central Valley box wine. Oooh I said it. :lolz:

But seriously, Nanao MS9 monitors are awesome for 15khz/CGA which is what 90% of the arcade games are that people play. Tri-rez monitors like the Blast City look awful at 15khz.
If you are just going to play MAME maybe a blast city is the way to go for you. But if you are going to collect actual arcade PCBs and play them on an arcade monitor you can't really get better than a Nanao MS9.
And the Egret 2 has the awesome rotate mech that was mentioned earlier. I can rotate an Egret 2 monitor in less then 3 minutes and there is no chance of snapping the neck off the tube.
But yes I agree everyone has different tastes.

Last edited:

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I beg to differ on a Blast City with an original Nanao monitor/chassis looking awful. But like you said, everyone has their opinion.
At least you get a free bump. :lolz:

I would rather drink Napa Pinot Noir than Central Valley box wine. Oooh I said it. :lolz:

But seriously, Nanao MS9 monitors are awesome for 15khz/CGA which is what 90% of the arcade games are that people play. Tri-rez monitors like the Blast City look awful at 15khz.
If you are just going to play MAME maybe a blast city is the way to go for you. But if you are going to collect actual arcade PCBs and play them on an arcade monitor you can't really get better than a Nanao MS9.
And the Egret 2 has the awesome rotate mech that was mentioned earlier. I can rotate an Egret 2 monitor in less then 3 minutes and there is no chance of snapping the neck off the tube.
But yes I agree everyone has different tastes.

Professor Plum

Tarma's Gun Polisher
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I beg to differ on a Blast City with an original Nanao monitor/chassis looking awful. But like you said, everyone has their opinion.
At least you get a free bump. :lolz:

I think its pretty common knowledge that a Tri-Rez monitor like in a Blast City don't look as good at 15khz. They are made for VGA/31khz. They can do 15khz but they just don't compare side by side.

Last edited:

FusionITR

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Agreed on tri-sync monitors if I were to get a blast city it would definitely be for a naomi or other 31khz hardware.

Not trying to bash your price I was just wonder why Egrets were worth $1500.

300wins

Conan The Librarian,
Rating - 100%
216   0   0
I have had both a New Astro and a Blast City side by side running 15khz games and while I agree that the Blast City doesn't look as good, I wouldn't call the 15khz in the Blast City awful.
If the MS9 is a 10, then the Blast City is a 9. Plus I get the option of hi-res.

Another free bump and good luck with the sale.

I think its pretty common knowledge that a Tri-Rez monitor like in a Blast City don't look as good at 15khz. They are made for VGA/31khz. They can do 15khz but they just don't compare side by side.

Dave_K.

NEST Puppet
Rating - 100%
11   0   0

That's because most Blast monitors die the black goop of death, and get replaced which cheap Korean Tri-Sync that is optimized for 31khz. The original chassis is every bit as good in displaying 15khz as a typical Nanao.

BIGTIME

Galford's Armourer
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
That's because most Blast monitors die the black goop of death, and get replaced which cheap Korean Tri-Sync that is optimized for 31khz. The original chassis is every bit as good in displaying 15khz as a typical Nanao.

Gonna have to agree with Roger on this one I have seen an ms9 and a ms2931 head to head in 15khz and the ms9 looks better. As roger stated it's not a drastic difference the ms2931 defiantly puts out great 15khz picture right behind the wells Gardner d series but the ms9 is better than both in 15khz. Also I hope to see you at the meet on the 5th Dave. Just edited my post to say this in no way does the 15khz on the ms2931 look awful it is defiantly the best all in one solution candy cab wise. It displays very nice picture in all resolutions and the 3 way speakers backed by the built in 16v amp sound wonderful. Plus the 01 loom makes for easy Jamma, naomi xbox 360 or mame compatibility. My only real gripe with the blast is that damn saftey switch behind the service door. I have them zip tied on all my cabs. One other minor thing is the stock cp only allows you to mount jlf's. Like Mat said though if your only looking to play 15khz games you can't go wrong with the ms9.

Last edited: