Din 8 output AES etc.

trailblazer800

New Challenger
Hi,

Today I received my AES from Japan (:make_fac:) and it came with a classic DIN 8 cable only mono sound .

My question:

For stereo sound: Are all DIN 8 cables suitable for the AES or do I have to get a specific one?

Thanks and regards Erik

Hi,

Today I received my AES from Japan (:make_fac:) and it came with a classic DIN 8 cable only mono sound .

My question:

For stereo sound: Are all DIN 8 cables suitable for the AES or do I have to get a specific one?

Thanks and regards Erik

if you want stereo from the console without modding it, it has to be from the headphone jack in front of the unit.

the DIN 8 only has mono output.

same as the megadrive.

trailblazer800

New Challenger

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
That's a good one yeah, or you could buy from this website:
http://www.chaoticjellygames.co.uk/productlist.php?product_id=0059&product_name=Neo Geo AES

As you can see, without the extra heaphone type plug, you only get mono sound.

Whichever is cheapest to buy for you is good enough.

yes, both will work, I won´t comment about the prices since it´s out of my market.

the readily and cheapest available solution is to buy a headphone stereo to AV cable and use it with the supplied mono cable, leaving the mono plug out.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
You could always have someone mod your AES to output stereo sound through the AV socket. They can run the audio right channel to pin 7. Of course you would have to get a custom cable as well.

E

ebbward

Replace CRT with VGA LCD (Arcade Cabinet)

I am new to this forum, but I am hoping that someone can help, or point me in the right direction. I have a Neo Geo 4-slot cabinet with the original CRT monitor. I am interested in replacing the CRT with a traditional VGA computer monitor, but I am not sure how to make the conversion as it appears that it is wired into the JAMMA interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions in regard to converting the native CRT to support a VGA monitor?

Thanks in advance!

-Ebbward

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I am new to this forum, but I am hoping that someone can help, or point me in the right direction. I have a Neo Geo 4-slot cabinet with the original CRT monitor. I am interested in replacing the CRT with a traditional VGA computer monitor, but I am not sure how to make the conversion as it appears that it is wired into the JAMMA interface.

Does anyone have any suggestions in regard to converting the native CRT to support a VGA monitor?

Thanks in advance!

-Ebbward

Take out the CRT, buy an RGB to VGA converter, put in the VGA monitor and connect it.