Did I Get an OK Deal?? Need Advice On These Arcade Items

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
My buddy was needing to sell some of his arcade hardware and he asked if I wanted to buy.

He offered me:

1 Capcom Impress Cabinet with Street Fighter Anniversary Ed.
1 Street Fighter 1(1987) Dedicated 6 Button Style Cab - Working
1 Metal Slug X for MVS
1 Bust A Move Again
1 King of Fighters 98

All for $550

I don't know anything about MVS pricing or how up to date the price guide is here on the site. The same goes for CPS2 boards.

Now I bought an Impress Cab several years ago but I paid $450 for the cab alone. Have these cabs depreciated in value at all??

Also is SF Anniversary Ed able to be modded so that it doesn't suicide later on?

How can I keep the cabinet's plastic from yellowing?

I have more questions but I can't think of them all right now. I'll post them as they come to mind

Thanks for any info :)

Arcade001.jpg

Arcade002.jpg

Arcade004.jpg

Arcade002.jpg

ray_7

Why are you thinking dude?

GET IT!!

That cab is gorgeous, no yellowing as far as eye can tell...

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
That street fighter board alone is worth quite a bit. You should jump on that deal asap.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Well, I did buy the lot already. I just haven't take delivery on the SF1 cabinet yet because I have no room for it in my small house. My wife and I are in the market for a new home and of course a nicely sized gameroom is a must.

So now I have 2 Impress cabs, 1 mini neo cab, 1 SF2 Hyper Fighting Dedicated Cab, 1 SF1 Dedicated Cab.

My older impress is the one that is worrying me. The picture looks great but there is a high pitched buzzing when the screen goes black or has alot of blue or red on the screen. It's really annoying because it sounds like a locust is in my machine!

I have searched the net over and over for answers but nobody knows exactly what I am talking about. Even my local arcade repair shop won't touch it because "it's a japanese cabinet"

Would any monitor rebuild kit work on these cabs or do they have to be specifically made for the the impress monitors?

I'll get some more pics of the yellowing I am talking about. My old impress has it but the new one doesn't

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
..if you wanna sell the cps2 SF aniversery...iam really intrested( ps can you check to make sure it's not a boot...cause this SF anniversery and progear are the cps2 king and queen of bootleg's)

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
racecar said:
..if you wanna sell the cps2 SF aniversery...iam really intrested( ps can you check to make sure it's not a boot...cause this SF anniversery and progear are the cps2 king and queen of bootleg's)

How can I tell if it's a boot?

My friend bought it from Coinopexpress.com I think.

Here is the other Impress I have. You can see the yellowing here.

Ebay023.jpg

I don't think I will be selling SFAE. I may be selling a SF2 Hyper Fighting board. Not sure yet.

Here is the other cab I have. All I am missing is the SF2 CE control panel. I have come across other generic panels but I am really wanting the original Champion Ed. Panel. If you know anyone selling one please let me know.
Ebay024.jpg

Another thing I wanted to ask was HOW do I clean the cartridge slots on my MVS board? It's a 4 slot and one of the slots has a little trouble reading the carts I put in there. Sometimes the graphics are garbled and distorted. It takes a few tries to get it to work. The connectors on the carts are clean as can be so it has to be the board. Any ideas?

I hope KOF 98 is a good title. He said it was one of the best in the series.

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
SF Anniversary is most likely a boot. Unless its in a grey "all-in-one" case. There are JPN green ones out there though. The game is worth a whole lot if it is original though, prolly as much as that bunch of items cost you alone.

fighting mania

Zero's Tailor
jsjesse said:
My buddy was needing to sell some of his arcade hardware and he asked if I wanted to buy.

He offered me:

1 Capcom Impress Cabinet with Street Fighter Anniversary Ed.
1 Street Fighter 1(1987) Dedicated 6 Button Style Cab - Working
1 Metal Slug X for MVS
1 Bust A Move Again
1 King of Fighters 98

All for $550

I don't know anything about MVS pricing or how up to date the price guide is here on the site. The same goes for CPS2 boards.

Now I bought an Impress Cab several years ago but I paid $450 for the cab alone. Have these cabs depreciated in value at all??

Also is SF Anniversary Ed able to be modded so that it doesn't suicide later on?

How can I keep the cabinet's plastic from yellowing?

I have more questions but I can't think of them all right now. I'll post them as they come to mind

Thanks for any info :)

Arcade001.jpg

Arcade002.jpg

Arcade004.jpg

Arcade002.jpg

WELL DONE !! LOOKS LIKE A GOOD DEAL TO ME :D

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I wish I could find deals like this in Australia, GO FOR IT !

J

jpj

whinging americans..............

what does it matter if you "got a good deal"?

buy what you want, for the price you're willing to pay.

***there is no such thing as "market value"***

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
jpj said:
whinging americans..............

what does it matter if you "got a good deal"?

buy what you want, for the price you're willing to pay.

***there is no such thing as "market value"***

It matters when you have a house note, bills and a family to support. Every dollar I spend has to count. Especially if it's going toward entertainment. As for the market value, I was referring to the going price ranges of these cabs(impress in particular). I know there are some older generic cabs that go for cheap so I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I was paying for. Not that my friend would go out of his way to rip me off or anything. I was just at the right place at right time when he offered and I had to make a decision right there and then.

SF Anniversary is most likely a boot. Unless its in a grey "all-in-one" case. There are JPN green ones out there though. The game is worth a whole lot if it is original though, prolly as much as that bunch of items cost you alone.

You got me worried, J0e Musashi:crying:
Here is a pic of the board. Is it a boot?
Arcade006.jpg

Neco_Coneco

Enemy Chaser
You got an awful deal, quickly sell everything to me for 500 and cut your loses ;)

Looks like an awesome cab and a nice deal for the package. Hope you enjoy it.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
jsjesse said:
You got me worried, J0e Musashi:crying:
Here is a pic of the board. Is it a boot?

you need pics of the pcb inside the caseing.

Cavalry

INfintido Innuendo?,
racecar said:
go to cps2shock....raz's web site:cool:

errr... what!? I was tellling him he needs to take pics of the pcb inside the case to tell if it's a boot or not, not just the outside caseing.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
INfintido said:
errr... what!? I was tellling him he needs to take pics of the pcb inside the case to tell if it's a boot or not, not just the outside caseing.

I will take pics of the inside tonight when I get home. I wonder if Raz will be able to make my board suicide free? Thanks for the website tip, Racecar

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
OK, I was able to take the board apart. From the looks of it I would say the board is legit.

Arcade.jpg

turbopants

Zero's Secretary
Can't speak about the board's legitimacy, but you got a nice deal on some great arcade goods and a very nice cab.

soopafamicom

Windjammers Wonder
jsjesse said:
Here is the other Impress I have. You can see the yellowing here.
Ebay023.jpg

The yellowing is from the plastic absorbing moisture from out of the air.Fresh virgin plastic is expensive and so for the main recycled pastic is used and a shitload of titanium white and chalk is added to it to achieve whiteness.

Recycled plastic is a lot more porous than brand new plastic and so it looks like the yellowing on your cab is from where it has been backed up to a cold wall with little air circulation where condensation could form and so the plastic has absorbed this and gone yellow.

You got a great deal on all that stuff though.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
J0e Musashi said:
Board is a boot I'm afraid. A hacked SSF2X.

Ditto, MX chips are a sure sign of a bootleg.
Did Capcom use EPROMS for CPS2 games? I have a SFZ3 that is just those Capcom EPROMS with the capcom sticker, was it cheaper this way?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
Its not just the MX chips that give it away.

Capcom used EPROMS for all their PCBs afaik, at least JPN boards anyway.

Last edited:

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
J0e Musashi said:
Board is a boot I'm afraid. A hacked SSF2X.

Really? How can you tell, J0e? What are the tell tale signs?

I have a US SSF2 Turbo board and that board weighs a ton compared to the AE board.

I am waiting on Raz to email me back about phoenix modding my cps 2 boards.

EDIT: I just read the next few replies. So it's the MX chips that give it away. Damn, even though the game plays fine I still feel shitty about owning it. This sucks!!!!

Last edited:

AlphaONE

King's Dry Cleaner
jsjesse said:
Really? How can you tell, J0e? What are the tell tale signs?

I have a US SSF2 Turbo board and that board weighs a ton compared to the AE board.

I am waiting on Raz to email me back about phoenix modding my cps 2 boards.

EDIT: I just read the next few replies. So it's the MX chips that give it away. Damn, even though the game plays fine I still feel shitty about owning it. This sucks!!!!

who cares man
it's for you to enjoy and no one else, right? :)

Pingu

Hardened Shock Trooper
The program code is usualy eproms while the graphic roms and such are roms. Some of those eproms, the ones with the small circle at least has been pulled from some cps2 board and reprogramed, can't speak for the rest though. The small sticker on the eproms should have a small code on it like sfae or something and nubers 03-10.