DataEast game 'Night Slashers'???

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Hi all! Okay, to begin with, I just can’t get enough of scrolling fighters, everything from 'P.O.W.' to 'Final Fight' to 'Robo Army' to PGM 'Knights of Valour'. I've been investigating a game called 'Night Slashers' by DataEast in '93, but can't find that much on it other than a blurry few images and a brief spiel in German. It has a horror theme with zombies and vampires ets, ets. I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with the game and can let me know what you thought. Please bare in mind, I am a die hard, old skool scrolling beat'em up fan and also into Zombie flicks etc so I thought a fighter with this theme might be up my alley. I'm not expecting it to be earth shatteringly good, just a bit of simple fun and a few laughs with the guys around :D

Oh and sadly it's not emulated by MAME properly so I can't do the ol try before ya buy routine as I tend to :crying:

Anyway, if anyone can offer their opinion I would be most grateful.

Cheers!

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
and member mrlonghair has it or had it so you can pm him maybe he will fill u in if ur lucky.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
the game looks really cool and since this is one of my fav genres, I added it to the buy-list hehehe.

TemJin3000

Axel's Trainer
ive probably said this in previous threads about this game...i really like this game, tho i havent played it since i was 14...im 21 now T__T i need this game back in my life, for sheer nostolgia...to think when i was younger and living in NJ, i used to go to Sportsworld in Paramus and get as much gameplay as i could, although i played more of the other games, i always liked this game most.

i cant recall another final fight-style beat-em-up back then or even these days that had you fighting zombies and other cool and somewhat scary enemies...

2 things i remember from this game:

1: the first stage starts with your character driving a van past and into hordes of zombies...and the boss was a clown or doctor or somethin...and in the background there were people locked in cages

2: in stage 2 or 3...most of the level is mainly you running and fighting werewolves at the same time, the boss was a giant carrage i think.

Last edited:

PLECO

I am an old, old man. ,
I picked this game up from Bill Burger a while back.
If you like those Beat em Ups you mentioned,then I think you will like this PCB.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
after years,
osman is now playable in mame

night slashers will probably start working in the near future

( they run on the same hw )

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Fran said:
after years,
osman is now playable in mame

night slashers will probably start working in the near future

( they run on the same hw )

wow cannondancer is playable now??? what version of mame?

Greywolf

Angel's Love Slave
Night Slashers rocks!! :buttrock:

Great theme and very nice graphics for its time, very playable, I consider it a must-have title to own if you're into sidescrolling beat'em ups!

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
TemJin3000 said:
ive probably said this in previous threads about this game...i really like this game, tho i havent played it since i was 14...im 21 now T__T i need this game back in my life, for sheer nostolgia...to think when i was younger and living in NJ, i used to go to Sportsworld in Paramus and get as much gameplay as i could, although i played more of the other games, i always liked this game most.

i cant recall another final fight-style beat-em-up back then or even these days that had you fighting zombies and other cool and somewhat scary enemies...

2 things i remember from this game:

1: the first stage starts with your character driving a van past and into hordes of zombies...and the boss was a clown or doctor or somethin...and in the background there were people locked in cages

2: in stage 2 or 3...most of the level is mainly you running and fighting werewolves at the same time, the boss was a giant carrage i think.

Thanks so much for your input on this title TemJin (and everyone else too ;) )! I'll take the plunge on this one I reckon. :buttrock:

Cheers!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Fran said:
88 u3

http://haze.mameworld.info/

scroll down a little bit

Nice! I haven't paid attention to MAME in years, thats awesome. Night Slashers is a bit hard to find, but not impossible. You just need to keep your eyes peeled and not make threads about its awesome-ness :oh_no:

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Dudes, I've just sent of payment for a copy of 'Night Slashers' from Cosmicco (amongst other PCB's...it's all gold I tells ya!!) and I've decided to do a full digicam photoshoot, review and maybe even a movie file or two. Sadly I don't have any hosting at my disposal, but I'll worry about that when the time comes!! Just thought the community could use a little more info about this game as it's sadly lacking at this point in time. Hell, I don't even know whether it's truly worth all the fuss yet, but the suspense is killin' me AAARGH!!! :drool_2:

Anyway, stay tuned...I may resurect this thread in the near future!!

Enjoy!! ;)

bloodriot

Galford's Armourer
John_Smith said:
Dudes, I've just sent of payment for a copy of 'Night Slashers' from Cosmicco (amongst other PCB's...it's all gold I tells ya!!) and I've decided to do a full digicam photoshoot, review and maybe even a movie file or two. Sadly I don't have any hosting at my disposal, but I'll worry about that when the time comes!! Just thought the community could use a little more info about this game as it's sadly lacking at this point in time. Hell, I don't even know whether it's truly worth all the fuss yet, but the suspense is killin' me AAARGH!!! :drool_2:

Anyway, stay tuned...I may resurect this thread in the near future!!

Enjoy!! ;)

PLZ DO :multi_co: :buttrock: :D :kekeke: THNX I need to see this game present day :spock: hope it's better than undercover cops, dragon ninja VS bad dudes was nice.....

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
rarehero said:
you could check out klov for a small description of it, but no pics really.
http://klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=&game_id=8868
Arcade Flyers has a scan of the, JPN flyer close enough i guess.

13003102.jpg

This is one beatem'up i never played hmmm.

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Woah, that looks good. It might even rival the graphics of Undercover Cops.

Fran

today forever
20 Year Member
*It might even rival the graphics of Undercover Cops*

well,no

i'd say undercover cops is vastly superior

remember people,
it's a data east game so frames of animation are going to be a little scarce

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but....

is this game playable in any form of mame, yet? Such a great game and yet so rare.