customer controller case

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I want to make a custom controller and I've been trying to find a good case. Something kind of like the original Neo Geo AES controller. I've searched Hammond, Bud and Serpac, but so far nothing is perfect.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Depending on how much you want to spend, you should have one made of wood. You can paint it if you want to but finding a woodworker in your area should be easy and they can make you want you want. Should run from about $50-150 depending on the person and the design. You could also use a CNC but you would need to have a 3D model of what you want. Blah blah.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've always thought custom controllers were too much effort. Especially when you can buy say a DC Agetec or a HORI and modify it to anything you want. You will pay less overall and you already get compatibility built in for whatever console it was designed for.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
What lachlan said above is very true... Custom sticks are going to run ya big (100$ or more for the body alone) money! Why not use something like a gutted Madcatz WWE Brawl stick for its body? Once you get the horrid WWE stickers peeled off its just a black and white case. My local Gamestop was closing 'em out at 24.99$ a pop. While they may not be that perfect shape your looking for, at less then 30$ the price is so right. Not to mention they quickly/easily mod with Sanwa parts, and have enuf storage space inside for a pad-hack PCB or Toodles-Cthulhu. Honestly the whole thing is rather pointless tho, take it from someone that had lots of sticks over the years... Once you get a real cab (candy or woodie it won't matter) you'll likely never touch the stick again. For example, someone in Mass was selling a Dynamo HS-25 corner cut (common 2-player Street Fighter cab) for 350$... You'll spend at least half that much getting ONE nice custom stick made.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I'm currently modding an Agetec stick here's what I paid for parts

Seimitsu LS-32-02 $26 w/shipping

6 x Sanwa buttons $18 w/shipping

I traded for the Agetec Stick (Got rid of a PS3 stick)

Adding one of those multi-console PCB's to my PS3 Hori stick would still be cheaper than buying or making a custom stick.

If you have the cash then you can get a really nice wood case here: http://www.foehammershop.com/

If you are on a budget like me, modding a stick is the way to go.

grips03

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Thanks for the ideas. I've use the pad hack method before, but was looking to make something with fewer buttons. Ideally I would use the original Neo Geo controller with a 4 way joystick gate. But looks like in order to do that I would need to replace the controller. Problem is I like Neo Geo controller as its tight and great for most games.

I do have a 1/2 broken DC Agetec sitting here, perhaps I can get someone to machine a new metal top with less buttons or weld in the extra holes