Crackling Sound on MVS

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I got my supergun to a point that everything is working, and can play games on it. However, on every game I've tried out, there's this strange popping/crackling noise. It only does this when music plays, but not all the music. (I've narrowed it down to the music because when only sounds are played, its fine.)
Any Ideas?
Thanks.:D

Last edited:

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Its a MV-1 board, and Its currently wired for stereo thru the board connector.

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Sorry to ask the obvious, but you have it wired L to one speaker and 10 to the other, with the other side of each speaker to ground ?

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I don't have it hooked thru the JAMMA harness, its hooked thru the stereo connector on the board itself. And I've tried the 'connector' in both the Stereo and the Headphone, and it gets the same result.
edit: The 'connector' is one end of a cd-audio cable that has wires strung from it to two RCA connectors. And the L/R and Grounds are oriented correctly.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Sounds like your cart/slot contacts are dirty. COuld also be a problem with the z80

It could also be a problem with the audio connection...

Put the volume adjustment in the middle.
Are you hooking to to speakers?

Last edited:

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I should probably clean the contacts, but I doubt that could be it.
Also, I've checked the actual audio connector various ways and verified not the be the connection. The problem is most likely with something else...

Could it be a messed up connection with the 12v? Someone on the board said that the 12v has something to do with the audio. (Forgot who told me, sorry.:crying: )
The SuperGun's power supply is currently held together with molex connectors I put on myself.(Thus no garauntee of a decent connection.)
If I soldered the wires instead, would this fix my problem, or would doing that be a bad idea?

Last edited:

greyimp

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
greyimp said:
I should probably clean the contacts, but I doubt that could be it.
Also, I've checked the actual audio connector various ways and verified not the be the connection. The problem is most likely with something else...

Could it be a messed up connection with the 12v? Someone on the board said that the 12v has something to do with the audio. (Forgot who told me, sorry.:crying: )
The SuperGun's power supply is currently held together with molex connectors I put on myself.(Thus no garauntee of a decent connection.)
If I soldered the wires instead, would this fix my problem, or would doing that be a bad idea?

+1