CPS2 Kits

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
i just got one of these

Super Street Fighter 2
do i just connect up to the Supergun and turn it on ?

the fan comes on, so i know that works, but nothing on screen, could be faulty ?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
Considering it was the first CPS2 release, 10 years ago, most probably the battery has died out...

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Hi

well i got A+ B board
u can take the top board from the bottom board, and u can see it has 4 connectors on the top (2 either side)

They are both Grey
looks like a video problem, as i get funny lines on the scree (no audio thougfh)
i have a feeling it requires an arcade power supply (using the -5v)

neo*geo

Mickey's Coach
It is probably the -5 wire and on a diffrent subject you do know if you by say a blue or green board you cant swap with the grey board

Neo*Geo

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
ShiWarrior said:
(using the -5v)
don't think so. i just tested an a board with pro gear no arashi and it worked with a sc200 desktop psu, which doesn't have a -5v rail.

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
neo*geo said:
It is probably the -5 wire and on a diffrent subject you do know if you by say a blue or green board you cant swap with the grey board

Neo*Geo

oh right, thanks

i didnt know that

so i need a new power supply ?

Riipps

World Soccer '96
I'm pretty certain that CPS2 doesn't use a -5volts, it sounds like battery suicide death are you local to me I'd be happy to test it for you as I have about 12 CPS2 boards in my collection.
Thanks Paul

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
supergoose79 said:
don't think so. i just tested an a board with pro gear no arashi and it worked with a sc200 desktop psu, which doesn't have a -5v rail.

thanks
so its not the PSU then, sounds like the board its self

1 thing though i have only connected it to a supergun, whats the white connector next to it ? then next to that is audio L/R by the look of it

as i said earlier i get funny lines on the sceen

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Riipps said:
I'm pretty certain that CPS2 doesn't use a -5volts, it sounds like battery suicide death are you local to me I'd be happy to test it for you as I have about 12 CPS2 boards in my collection.
Thanks Paul

that would be cool

where abouts in Herts ar u ? i live in Bucks myself
will take me like 45 mins to get to Chesham

Geezer

Quiz Detective
CPS2 doesn't require -5V!

It could be the suicide battery, did you ask the seller when last it was changed?

Riipps

World Soccer '96
I live in cheshunt which is 2mins from j25 off M25.
I had a Marvel CPS2 which arrived with a graphics glitch that was fixed by taking the top off and pushing the Rom chips in firmly. But it concerns me that you have no Sound, although you may have the demo mode off. Try playing the game and see if you get any sound.
I can test the game as far as to plug it in to my known working cabinets, but I don't have any grey asian mother boards to test the b board on.
Let me know
Thanks Paul

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
ShiWarrior said:
whats the white connector next to it ? then next to that is audio L/R by the look of it

It's an auxiliary connector for extra inputs like the kicks in fighting games and 3rd/4th players in D&D and some other games. This means that even if your SSF2 worked you'd still need a kick-harness to plug into that connector (of course the supergun would also have to be compatible with the extra inputs).

As for your problem, open up the game board and check the voltage of the battery: if it's dead the only thing you can do is send the board to Razoola to have it permanently fixed.

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
MKL said:
It's an auxiliary connector for extra inputs like the kicks in fighting games and 3rd/4th players in D&D and some other games. This means that even if your SSF2 worked you'd still need a kick-harness to plug into that connector (of course the supergun would also have to be compatible with the extra inputs).

As for your problem, open up the game board and check the voltage of the battery: if it's dead the only thing you can do is send the board to Razoola to have it permanently fixed.

i open up the bottom board ? or the top 1?

Do i NEED a kick harness to be aboe to "see" the screen of CPS2 games ?
i know i need 1 to play, but do i need one to see if it works or not ?

where can i buy a kick harness from ?

dam more money spending.... :(

Geezer

Quiz Detective
ShiWarrior said:

where can i buy a kick harness from ?

dam more money spending.... :(

I think cosmicco have them for $3, you could add it to the order?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
ShiWarrior said:

The top board (there may be a metal seal that would make it difficult).

ShiWarrior said:

The kick harness would only let you play with all 6 buttons per player, it can't solve your problem (or any other board problems for that matter).

Riipps

World Soccer '96
The harness is for the extra kick buttons and you can also wire up a test panel with volum control etc.
On other games it will give out puts for 3/4 players.
The harness has nothing to do with the screen
paul

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
what tool do i need topen them ?

socket set allen keys ive tried

these are odd

Riipps

World Soccer '96
Secruity torx piece, like a normal torx but with a hole in the middle, you can buy sets of these at Wickes for about a fiver

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
got such a set off ebay.de :

1100_640.jpg

new. 15€ shipped.
bought it, cause i had to open an a board. ;)

you'll prolly need the t20 one ...

ShiWarrior

Edo Express Delivery Guy
supergoose79 said:
got such a set off ebay.de :

new. 15€ shipped.
bought it, cause i had to open an a board. ;)

you'll prolly need the t20 one ...
thanks

so T20 i need
does it have to be SECURITY torx, and not just Torx ?

MKL

Basara's Blade Keeper
20 Year Member
If it's only for opening the torx screwdriver is not absolutely necessary, you can do it with a flat-head one very easily. (the torx may be handy when you want to put it back together though). Anyway those screws are the easy part...the metal seal on the other hand will have you curse all Capcom employees and their family members...