? correlation between serial number and output video quality ?

garou_d

Aero Fighter,
I've hurd something about it ? what serial number are concerned ?

also, is it possible to use RGB cable on japanese AES system ?

:help:

thanks

Last edited:

Lochlan

Igniz's Servent
From this thread:

JMKurtz said:
I've seen the serials, as related to the board revision, all over the place. I do keep a log of serials and board revisions, but it's not a complete list -- only the systems I've modified over the last year or so have I logged the board revision.

This is why I tell people NOT to use the serial as a guideline as to what Neo you are buying. I've seen some Neo systems that have had really low serials, but have a 3-x board. Of course, I don't know the history of every Neo so I have no way of knowing if SNK swapped the board on a repair, the shell was replaced, or what the deal was. So, all we can do is assume that a serial number *may* be of a certain board revision.

I'm not sure I would want to list any specific details, but I could probably do a generalization based on the system's I've logged.

Jeff

Basically, there is no perfect correlation. Rule of thumb (so I've been lead to believe) is that "low" serial numbers (IIRC under/around 100000) tend to have better RGB output.

There is no way to know for sure what the board revision is unless you actually open the system.

And yes, there are SCART RGB cables. You can find them on ebay.

Dig through search for more.