COMPLETED: MVS Multicart Group Buy

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Karou wtf did you not read the part where he said he didn't want to do more than 20 because it is a hassle to keep track and ship out all these carts. He is doing this for no profit, be thankful.

20 is the max I would be willing to handle. Keep in mind that I have to keep track of everyone's payments, and ship each one of these individually and I'm not making a dime. I just don't have the time or man power to handle more than 20.

Last edited:

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Hahaha love karou! I feel thy group buys are the same as chat deals. You snooze (or work) you loose! I have been on the loosing end a lot. If it upsets you that much cause you missed out, start your own group buy or try and snipe a spot from a non payer!

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
they gotta pick air parcel 2014 Shipping: USD 20.16$: Order Total: USD 86.16$: still a 23$ or so difference though...I would bet they rather you do another groupbuy? what do you need 15 more people, to get to twenty again? might take longer than overnight (only reason why they didn't join your group?) but I bet it would happen?

I wonder if you would have waited to get the highest order # possible out of a week if it would have dropped $ again?

Not trying to be a douche - me neither! really, Sorry to even poke my nose in it, but some of them folks seem bummed to miss it and want to get some?

Yea if I had choose air parcel than it would have been WAY lower. Like ~$46 a cart but then we would have been waiting 2 months. Which nobody wants to do. Lol

I would have loved to take on everybody but I just don't have the time or energy to do that. I will probably do another one when this one gets completed for the people that missed out. ;)

Last edited:

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Yea if I had choose air parcel than it would have been WAY lower. Like ~$46 a cart but then we would have been waiting 2 months. Which nobody wants to do. Lol

I would have loved to take on everybody but I just don't have the time or energy to do that. I will probably do another one when this one gets completed for the people that missed out. ;)

how nice of you! Sorry to not read through the whole thing and just think of the last few posts there!

I do not want btw.

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Still waiting on a few payments. Those unaccounted for have been sent PMs

I'm hoping we can submit the order Today so we dont get stuck behind the weekend.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Still waiting on a few payments. Those unaccounted for have been sent PMs

I'm hoping we can submit the order Today so we dont get stuck behind the weekend.

True dat. Thanks for all your work! I checked that site after this thread started and they got some solid prices on bulk stuff that doesn't necessarily need to be quality. Haven't even glanced at shipping though. I'm sure it's atrocious! Thanks Obama! Erm, China!

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
Good news everyone. I have placed the order!

I am still waiting on payment from 2 people though. So if your one of them please send your payment.

I will keep everyone updated with tracking information from the supplier.

Thanks again, and I hope everyone will be happy with their carts!

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Good news everyone!

303690-good_news_everyone1.jpg

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Rating - 100%
309   0   0
Man, that thing actually looks pretty decent. Btw, the Pulstar Mini is here, thing looks real nice! Thanks again brotha!

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
anyone talented enough want to make a shockbox insert for the 161 and 120 in 1 styled like the PS2/Wii SNK Arcade Classics release?
943392_96305_front.jpg

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
anyone talented enough want to make a shockbox insert for the 161 and 120 in 1 styled like the PS2/Wii SNK Arcade Classics release?

I would but I have to work all weekend and gotta take the wife to an appointment that's like an hour and a half away on Monday.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
What kind of media are you printing those on? I like it.

Vinyl of some sort. Quite a few members here are rocking my reproductions. To this day I have not found someone making better reproductions (maybe emdkay.net if they ever open back up, but that's a huge maybe) The printers are saying 10 plus years of use and abuse should be no problem with mine. I would dare to say the only thing better would be finding the color negatives and developing them on kodak duratrans. Basically it's the highest quality vinyl that is made for outdoor/lightbox use printed with a $30k printer and laminated.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Vinyl of some sort. Quite a few members here are rocking my reproductions. To this day I have not found someone making better reproductions (maybe emdkay.net if they ever open back up, but that's a huge maybe) The printers are saying 10 plus years of use and abuse should be no problem with mine. I would dare to say the only thing better would be finding the color negatives and developing them on kodak duratrans. Basically it's the highest quality vinyl that is made for outdoor/lightbox use printed with a $30k printer and laminated.

I have no idea what duratrans is? :) is that the stuff they used to print the original ones? I really wish I could find a place that could silkscreen a fucking 4-slot marquee for me. All the repros I've found are garbage. I'm in the process of creating my own label sets in Photoshop from scans of the busted originals I have because I'm OCD as FUUUUCK.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have no idea what duratrans is? :) is that the stuff they used to print the original ones? I really wish I could find a place that could silkscreen a fucking 4-slot marquee for me. All the repros I've found are garbage. I'm in the process of creating my own label sets in Photoshop from scans of the busted originals I have because I'm OCD as FUUUUCK.

I hear that! all of the adhesive backed vinyl I have had the printers bring in is not up to my standards. It helps that there are 3 MVS cabs within walking distance to compare with that are still rocking OG markings. I have had people asking for cab side art and cartridge labels, but until I find something that looks on par with the quality of the mini's I dont want to waste my time and put out a shit product.

As for Duratrans, lots of good info at http://www.duratrans.com/ its basically a "translucent-base color transparency material designed for producing large transparencies for backlit displays on illuminators without built-in diffusers" and you use color negatives to image the material and develope it similar to camera film and photo paper. Very awesome stuff, retardedly expensive, stupid crazy to find people that know what it is, and damn near impossible to find people that can produce a finished product.

On a side note for all you Photoshop lovers in this group buy (or not :D). If someone could make a color label and replace all 10 on the page in the spoiler I would send you the first label off the printer and a Mini Marquee of the 120 in 1 a few posts up as well as be eternally grateful!

Spoiler:

MVS_label_pack02.jpg

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
someone needs to make some labels for the 161 in 1 and 120 in 1 to match the SNK arcade classics, have the 120 say vol 1 and the 161 vol 2