CoinOp - 20 Blast City $485

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
For anyone interested in starting a group order, CoinOp has a bunch of Blasts for a pretty good price. I don't have the time or capacity to start an order myself, but may be interested in one if someone took it on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** OFFER 2 - ARCADE CABINETS ****
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20pcs Blast City Cabinets @$485usd

2player control panel version in good condition. Price is for 20ft container
orders only. Machines are located ex works, Japan for immediate shipment.

Bibliophile

, I liek DragonWarrior
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
For anyone interested in starting a group order, CoinOp has a bunch of Blasts for a pretty good price. I don't have the time or capacity to start an order myself, but may be interested in one if someone took it on.

**** OFFER 2 - ARCADE CABINETS ****

20pcs Blast City Cabinets @$485usd

2player control panel version in good condition. Price is for 20ft container
orders only. Machines are located ex works, Japan for immediate shipment.

I saw that offer. I thought about starting a group buy on it, but I didn't think there was enough interest to fill the order.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
249   0   1
I'm looking at a couple of cabinets locally..... but if that falls through....

Where would I have to pick one of these bad boys up?

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I would potentially be interested in this. Just depends how much shipping turns out to be, and where they're going to.

themisterfalcon

Buriki-One Fight Promoter
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
465   0   0
Unless these things have reconditioned monitors I would avoid this like the plague. The chassis in these things are notorious for 'black goo of death' - rendering the monitor dead and the chassis unrepairable.

There is a drop in Wei-Ya chassis for it but unfortunately the picture will never be as good as the original.

As noted on hard--candy:

Now for the unfortunate bit: these monitors are also notorious for the "black goop of death", named because many of these monitors start leaking a thick fluid from the flyback, and the chassis may eventually suicide. However, it is important to note that many monitors have the "death goop" and still work fine, so it is questionable what part the goop actually plays and what the signs mean.

And if your chassis is unfortunate enough to die, there are drop-in Wei-Ya and Rodotron monitors that will replace it, although the picture quality of course doesn't quite match the Nanao. Another important note is it is very common to find burn-in on the Nanao's Toshiba tube, for whatever reason.

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I got my Egret II through Coinop "Express" in the group order Biblio had. Most of the cabs were in good condition and all of them worked.

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I'd be in for a Blast. I've been trying to land one for awhile now.

Matvei

Chairman of Vandelay Industries, Importer/Exporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Unless these things have reconditioned monitors I would avoid this like the plague. The chassis in these things are notorious for 'black goo of death' - rendering the monitor dead and the chassis unrepairable.

There is a drop in Wei-Ya chassis for it but unfortunately the picture will never be as good as the original.

As noted on hard--candy:

There is a lot of false information out there about this:

The black goop is a potting compound released from one of the drive coils in the deflection circuit and does not stop that part from working, nor does it stop the chassis from working as it is non-conductive. There is a rumor that there was a batch of blast cities (released around 1998) more prone to failure than other nanao ms2931 (made up until 2000 and put in the net city as well), but it is unconfirmed.

ALL Japanese Net Cities use this monitor, (well except for the obvious NEW NET CITY), but you never hear any issues with them. So that means monitors manufactured from 1999-2000 are likely safe. I have one MS2931 made in April 2000, so I'm not too concerned.

What I will say is this: They are the nicest monitor I have ever seen and are very user friendly.

Last edited:

Anavel

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is definitely tempting, but I am a newbie and have no idea what shipping from west cost to Mass would be. The cost could make or break it for me.

Another noob question. The egret 2 has a rotate mechanism, this cabinet does not. How difficult is it to rotate the monitor? Are there any other cabinets with a rotate mechanism like the egret 2?

NOAH

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
My fear of the Blast is the same as dub's. Also noticed how old this thread is. Any news?

Adam C

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if any one on the east coast wants to get in the group buy, maybe we can combine shipping for a few units. Still, more info if anyone has any!

c0rderr0y

n00b
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm I have been looking for a Candy Cab...... if this goes through I just might get rid of my dyno...

KaPH33n

Sieger's Squire
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm skeptical this will happen. I do want to get another cab with a 31khz mon, but maybe blast is not the answer.

Still, I'll be watching to see what happens.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I'm about full on cabinets, but I could use another nice candy cabinet. I doubt this will go through though. I had thought about attempting to arrange another CoinOp Express order through the import shop in St. Charles but I wasn't sure if there would be enough interest.