Capcom Mini Cute Restoration(Updated and Almost Done)

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Hello all..
Not sure if you guys remember but I had picked up a couple of arcade cabinets a couple of years ago in Austin. One was the Nintendo Red Tent and the other was a Capcom Mini Cute.

When I got it, the cabinet was pretty badly banged up. It had rust spots all over the place, dings and all sorts of bent metal. The controls were GROSS. There was no sense in even trying to salvage them because they were caked with dirt, mold, rusty switches, skin cheese :conf:

7bkmus8

7lztgpa

cwarczf

bs8zcgy

cmb874u

caf4y9b

I had taken it to 3 different body shops. One was WAY too expensive. The other 2 just didn't wanna do it...claiming it was too much work and not worth the time/money to do it. So I got frustrated and decided to tackle it myself.

For over a week I had been sanding my ass off to get all the body work done. I got all the dings out and went with a new color. The paint is still wet in these pics.

866qo8g

6qahfd7

I decided to keep the inner monitor area white, so I sanded down the inside to get rid of the pink overspray.

7hh5lgb

My cat had quickly claimed this as his new(temporary) home
89m4rl3

I sent the internal parts to a shop to have them resurfaced.

Also, I replaced the speakers with new 2 way Pioneer speakers.
Old speakers
6oryd7g

New speakers
6vmrjsp

Here are some shots of the wiring reinstall and the metal parts back from the shop.

Coin catcher/coin mech before
7keofxe

83o3g53

Coin catcher/coin mech after
88uxhq5

7xs79bw

Here is the amplifier casing and brackets before and after.
6q8nogn

6s9fmug

7ptef8s

Pics of the inner door that holds the PCB. Got the entire inner part of the cabinet wired.
7agwujc

6mdsjbr

I also added a nice candy anodized finish to some of the metal parts.
7gtcgpl

7uv83hu

The power switch has been cleaned and reinstalled.
8xl46h6

Monitor mounted
74rrvzc

Test run! Inner wiring all connected.
78c3t7s

Listening to the G'd up sound, Pioneers speakers bumpin' as I smoke on a pound :p
82yln25

Coin box completed!
6nm7bz7

And there it sat for almost 2 years so
I wanna apologize for not updating this in a while. I've been extremely busy with work, car repairs, family issues and life in general.

I got in touch with Sean(MCS-Arcade) to reproduce the decals for me. He came through for me big time. After a few hours of cutting with an exacto-knife and some elbow grease the decals came out looking great! These pics were taken with my phone so pardon the poor quality, but I plan on doing a full photo shoot this weekend and go over each part all over again in detail. I was so anxious to get her running I threw in whatever buttons I had available. Feels good, man!

Once I get the cam locks for this cabinet I can start on the Mini Neo 19!

7cdxrs7

7qwmlzw

86papaa

More updates to come very soon!

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
that is some awesome work. ive been looking for a cute or two for a while. now there is a tutorial for the (impending) repairs i would be looking at!

nice job!

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
that is some awesome work. ive been looking for a cute or two for a while. now there is a tutorial for the (impending) repairs i would be looking at!

nice job!

Disassembling the whole thing is SUPER easy. Just be sure to snap pics of the wiring and connections before taking it all apart. This thing is a breeze compared to my old Taito Egret 1 cabinet. That thing had way too many parts to keep up with.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
awesome.

I used your old threads (in other places) to get the same speakers for my yellow cute.

I really, really, really, envy your eyehook... those things are impossible to find, even cutes for sale on YAJ rarely have them.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
awesome.

I used your old threads (in other places) to get the same speakers for my yellow cute.

I really, really, really, envy your eyehook... those things are impossible to find, even cutes for sale on YAJ rarely have them.

Eyehook? You mean the metal loops on the top that look like towhooks or something?

I can probably have them reproduced. Shouldn't be too hard to do. Thanks for the idea and kind words.

I also plan on having the control panel box powder coated with a smoother finish. The satin finish attracts alot of dirt and it's hard to keep clean..

Last edited:

leonk

Marked Wolf
That's one sexy cab! Those "car" speakers tend to not be shielded. How do you prevent them from not messing up your CRT?

Liq_Wurm

Krauser's Henchman
pink paint, pink chairs, pink 1p balltops?!? are you secretly training your daughter to be the ultimate street fighter competitor?

seriously tho awesome cab i bet street fighter looks so sick on the small screen. great restore.

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
The stock speakers were not shielded either. There wasn't much difference in the size of the magnets. There is a metal barrier between the monitor and speaker area.

He he.....no daughters yet. But remember. Some of the best things in life are pink. Like. .. like cotton candy and big league chew bubble gum and strawberry ice cream bra

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
He he.....no daughters yet. But remember. Some of the best things in life are pink. Like. .. like cotton candy and big league chew bubble gum and strawberry ice cream bra

You forgot vagina.

This is very telling.

(It looks awesome, congrats!)

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
I showed this to my wife.

her response: CUTE!!!

I then told her that was coincidentally the name of the cab :kekeke:

she then gave me permission to get one. HAHAHAH

SO... anyone know where I can get a mini cute?

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Here are some shots I had taken tonight. Much brighter and clearer compared to the crappy phone ones I had taken earlier.

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

002.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

jsjesse

Marked Wolf
Now that I am finished with the mini-cute repairs, can someone help me ID this particular cabinet?
It looks like a cabaret but it has a removable wheelbase. My buddy says it's a EuroCabinet but I'd like to get more detailed info about it.

Thanks!

NeoEuro.jpg