Capcom Collector's Pics, Kits & Documentation

sneek

Rugal's Thug
Like every other documentation thread, someone always wants to get around to creating a website with all the relevant data but never happens. This is true for myself, if I had time I would create a nice web front end and put up nice pics with guides etc...

Anyway, this might be a middle ground so other members can contribute and that way we get something solid.

Not just after kit pics, although they are nice, but if someone has a random cable, pcb connector, cool nuggets of info... please feel free to share. Problem with capcom gear is most of it is buried in sale threads.

sneek

Rugal's Thug
Posting pics from other thread...

Repost you loot into here mainman.

Eco Fighters (Ultimate Ecology) (Jap Kit)

capcom-cps2j_uecology-complete.kit_mini.jpg

... and here is the colour label... rental kit in flawless condition.

Eco Fighters (Ultimate Ecology) (Jap Rental Kit)

capcom-cps2rj_uecology-complete.kit_mini.jpg

sneek

Rugal's Thug
And for something new to kick off thread.

Here is one of my favourite kits... note it is the colour label version, rare as all hell, (non-colour label is there to compare not part of the kit).

Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow over Mystara (US Kit)

capcom-cps2u_dd2som-complete.kit_mini.jpg

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
What does that piece of paper on the color label DD2 say?

sneek

Rugal's Thug
What does that piece of paper on the color label DD2 say?

Epilepsy Warning... nothing too exciting ;)

All my stuff is in storage as we were moving at the time and I still haven't gotten around to rescuing them. So I can't snap a pic of it, also as these are all old pics disregard watermarks, etc... someone was posting claiming they owned them with my pics... around 2 yrs ago.

Gigawing (US Kit)

capcom-cps2u_gigawing-complete_mini.jpg

Last edited:

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Great thread. You have some nice stuff there sneek. I've never seen a color label DD2 board.

Would you post some pics of your Euro Progear?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
And for something new to kick off thread.

Here is one of my favourite kits... note it is the colour label version, rare as all hell, (non-colour label is there to compare not part of the kit).

No way! A RED lable SOM board! Now that's some Super Rare CPS-2 stuff. And it looks so nice too.

LoL, once I saw a loose RED lable SOM board. (It was a long time ago, when I first started collecting CPS2 boards, IIRC: eBay.) And I thought the label was a fake 'cause I had NEVER seen a RED lable SOM before. This is the second time I've ever seen a RED lable SOM board. It looks so nice next to the WHITE label SOM, and surrounded by all the art work.

No joke: I've seen more PROGEAR boards than I've seen RED Lebel SOM boards.

WoW, and D&D is one of my favorite CAPCOM games too. What a treat. :buttrock:

-------------------------------------

mainman, you gotta start moving your kit pics over here. :mr_t:

Last edited:

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
samshosen: sell me your cutes! god i want those so bad.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
These are the kits I have pics of on my hard drive. I have full kits of exactly 19 U.S boards (not counting japanese kits) but most have been pieced together over the years so they are disassembled and stored real inaccessibly. Kits pictured do have a UNCUT marquee but they are stored to deep to pull out.

EDIT:The author of this thread sneek has ask contributors to narrate a little on their contributions. Just to let everyone know all these games are actually played but not religiously due to the effort it takes to pull them out. Most importantly I DO NOT stockpile and intentionally keep beyond 2 copies of the same game as everyone knows I sell and redistribute these games to the community.

This mint gigawing was bought directly from capcom
giga.jpg

The DnD2 board is not mint (minor nicks) although the art is. The board and label are in good condition. The art is mint. My personal opinion is this is the second best scroller capcom has ever made.
dd2copy.jpg

This DnD1 board is not mint (minor nicks) but is in good condition board and label, the art is mint. I used to have the LARGE promo poster until it was destroyed by a ankle bitter
dd1.jpg

This here is my baby. This AVP kit not only has the VERY LARGE poster it also has the small promo keychain (pictured) This is the first cps2 game I bought and this is the best scroller capcom has ever made.
avp-1.jpg

IMG_0020s.jpg

This dimahoo also has the large promo poster not pictured. This game is like DnD2 meets armed police batrider, excellent shoot em up. I just hate having to tate my monitor.
dimahoo-1.jpg

This megaman 2 is mint and not so common. It would seem certain capcom used cheap inkjet labels for the entire blue board production.
IMG_0020.jpg

This super turbo is actually a partial kit as it is missing the overlay and factory box.
IMG_0018.jpg

Euro battle circuit with REAL Japanese stickers and secret files art
IMG_0020-3.jpg

Rare rockman 1 cps2 board
rm1.jpg

Ecofighter with rare color label. The color label is actually the first production run and the definitive version. There were U.S kits released with the color label. After all the color labels were exhausted capcom started using cheap in house ink jet labels or no label at all going by one of the board sneek posted.
eco.jpg

This board is a double edge sword. Its the rare tournament link version of super street fighter 2 which allow 4 cab to be linked providing you have 4 boards. If you do not have ALL 4 boards no link play. It also sucks this version is not based on super turbo
IMGb_0007.jpg

Last we have a rare blue slam masters 2 which had a limited production
ring.jpg

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
This is the first time I've ever seen a TOURNAMENT BATTLE board.

And I've seen a LOT of CAPCOM boards--including a BLUE MEGA MAN.

sneek

Rugal's Thug
Great thread. You have some nice stuff there sneek. I've never seen a color label DD2 board.

Would you post some pics of your Euro Progear?

Good to see some activity in here, a pic of that will have to wait as its in storage.

No way! A RED lable SOM board! Now that's some Super Rare CPS-2 stuff. And it looks so nice too.

LoL, once I saw a loose RED lable SOM board. (It was a long time ago, when I first started collecting CPS2 boards, IIRC: eBay.) And I thought the label was a fake 'cause I had NEVER seen a RED lable SOM before. This is the second time I've ever seen a RED lable SOM board. It looks so nice next to the WHITE label SOM, and surrounded by all the art work.

Ive seen 2 go past on ebay in over 7 years... so there can't be many. This one is in great shape, matching serials etc... oh and that marquee still has the protective film on it :)

---
For everyone posting... if its not too much trouble, can you post a little about the item... ie: what is it ? complete kit ? partial ? history ? ... not everyone reading is going to know anything about any capcom gear.

I'll post some more tonight, I'm actually away on business atm so I'm typing this from my hotel room.

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
samshosen: sell me your cutes! god i want those so bad.

The most important piece in that photo is the mess of wires sitting on top. That's the official Capcom cabinet link cable for D&D, allows 4 Player.

When I get around to it, I'm going to solder on some extra wires and connectors to allow that cable to be used for 2P fighters across both cabinets. For a versus city type setup.

Last edited:

sneek

Rugal's Thug
The most important piece in that photo is the mess of wires sitting on top. That's the official Capcom cabinet link cable for D&D, allows 4 Player.
Post a nice pic of it... the official cable is hard to find and pretty cool even though you can make it yourself.

Mainman: I assume the avp and d&d1 are partial kits ? Cause that's the euro art so wouldn't have come in a US box.

Last edited:

sneek

Rugal's Thug
While we are on the ecofighters run... and mainman has posted the colour ver... here is the final label version. Little trivia is that its the title with the most different labels.

A little while ago on another forum, this came up and I happen to have a sealed kit. Members convinced me to crack it open... so I had the pleasure of opening a factory sealed kit.

I wasn't sure what to expect, as I had been told its not a very interesting kit and this is the first sealed kit Ive ever opened... so anyway here were the pics.

Eco Fighters (Factory Sealed US Kit)

ecofighters-unsealing-1.jpg
ecofighters-unsealing-2.jpg

ecofighters-unsealing-3.jpg
ecofighters-unsealing-4.jpg

Its all very extremely minty, inner box was sealed as well... also that marquee was very hard to get a pic of... it has the butcher paper over it as the protective mechanism. All the other kits I've seen just use protective film (again annoying as it glares with a flash)

ecofighters-unsealing-5.jpg
ecofighters-unsealing-6.jpg

ecofighters-unsealing-7.jpg
ecofighters-unsealing-8.jpg

Full kit pic...

capcom-cps2u_ecofighter-complete.kit_mini.jpg

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Mainman: I assume the avp and d&d1 are partial kits ? Cause that's the euro art so wouldn't have come in a US box.

No they are U.S full kits with the extra art in the same sense that neither shipped from the factory with the Large posters, key chains and etc but I got them separately. Overlays and marquees are not show as these are old pics and I do not want to dig out any of my kits that are out of reach, its too much work

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
Hey Mainman, do your Rockman 1 and Mega Man 2 boards have an inkjet printed labels or are they glossy? Both of my Mega Mans are inkjet printed.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Hey Mainman, do your Rockman 1 and Mega Man 2 boards have an inkjet printed labels or are they glossy? Both of my Mega Mans are inkjet printed.

Rockman 2, I mean megaman2 has a ink jet from the factory. Rockman 1 has a replacement ink jet from me as it did not have a label when I bought it.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
While we are on the ecofighters run... and mainman has posted the colour ver... here is the final label version. Little trivia is that its the title with the most different labels.

A little while ago on another forum, this came up and I happen to have a sealed kit. Members convinced me to crack it open... so I had the pleasure of opening a factory sealed kit.

I wasn't sure what to expect, as I had been told its not a very interesting kit and this is the first sealed kit Ive ever opened... so anyway here were the pics.

I just vicariously opened my first CPS-2 kit. :drool: