Candy Cab Monitor Replace

Claiborne

n00b
Has anyone here every replaced the monitor in a Japanese cabinet? I have a New Astrocity and was wondering if someone could suggest a good replacement monitor for the Nanao 29 that it came with. I would like a multi-sync if possible. I am having trouble finding a good replacement that is available in the United States. I would even be willing to spend quite a bit extra if someone could suggest a good exporter to buy one from overseas if I can't find one in the U.S. Thanks.

Stellarola

Fio's Quartermaster
15 Year Member
Claiborne said:
Has anyone here every replaced the monitor in a Japanese cabinet? I have a New Astrocity and was wondering if someone could suggest a good replacement monitor for the Nanao 29 that it came with. I would like a multi-sync if possible. I am having trouble finding a good replacement that is available in the United States. I would even be willing to spend quite a bit extra if someone could suggest a good exporter to buy one from overseas if I can't find one in the U.S. Thanks.

Whats wrong with the current monitor?

Claiborne

n00b
There is some screen burn. It's really noticable with my Dreamcast running through it. It's not bad at all with most PCBs, but I seem to be using it more with my Dreamcast so it's really been bothering me. I wondered also if it was more visible with the Dreamcast because the signal was weaker, it seams like the color are darker with the DC and the whites are not as bright even with the brightness maxed. I was going to try a VGA signal amplifier from Ultimarc to see if that would fix the brightness problems with the Dreamcast. Any idea if this might help?