Can someone please confirm for me WTF is 'arrange mode' in KOFXI for PS2?

GENOCIDE CUTTER '94

Ukyo's Doctor
I've heard conflicting reports of what this mode actually is. Some say it is a rebalance where combos which do not normally work in arcade mode are now possible, while others say that it's just a load of new back/different background, with the system still intact.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
GENOCIDE CUTTER '94 said:
I've heard conflicting reports of what this mode actually is. Some say it is a rebalance where combos which do not normally work in arcade mode are now possible, while others say that it's just a load of new back/different background, with the system still intact.

Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you.

As far as I've read, it pretty much changes all the combos, and the few that remain are most likely heavily modified. You cannot rapid chain certain attacks anymore, as well. Some say it's more balanced than the original arcade version, but personally I've never played arrange so I can't really tell you.

DanDead

n00b
ViewtifulZFO is right, Arrange mode is basicly SNK's way of trying to balance out the game a bit more by changing certain aspects of the game. Stuff like damage delt by moves, recovery times, chaining and so on are all effected and I think you also get some extra background stages to. Only one thing is a constant in both "normal" and "arrange" and that's Shion is still to damn powerfull!... :lolz:

edit: I'll check up on this a little later on when I boot up my PAL copy of the game! :)

Last edited: