Button layout...

fuzionmuse

n00b
Hey guys, I'm in need of some ideas... I am adding a CPS2 to my MVS system, and am trying to figure out the "smartest" button arrangement for the cab... Here's what the pre-cut slots look like for both players... The middle one on the bottom also has a cut out a little higher (double cut-out) hard to explain but I'm sure you know what I mean... I prolly wouldn't use it anyways... SO... Here's the options w/ all "A" buttons as an example...

:A: :A: :A: :A:
:A: :A: :A:

I'm kinda liking this idea... I'm using the x's as "non-mvs" buttons...

X :B: :C: :D:
:A: X X

The only problem with this is that I'd have to rewire anytime I want to switch systems...

OR, go with only 6 buttons for each and do it like this...

:A: :B: :C:
:D: X X

OR,

:B: :C: :D:
:A: X X

Any thoughts or ideas?

EDIT: I may make a separate topic for this, but I'm thinking about adding a pause button and a mute button too... possibly on the side of the cabinet or under the CP... thoughts on that would be appreciated as well...

Last edited:

Hewitson

Metal Slug Mechanic
I do mine like this:

A B C D
D E F

That way you've got the proper layout for both Neo Geo and Capcom.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Depends on the button layout...my CP was originally an MVS layout with another 3 buttons added below BCD. Some people add buttons below ABC, but it makes for an awkward angle and not the classic 6 button layout. With the A button plugged up, it's a perfect 6 button layout. Of course my way requires re-wire, but it's not like I change boards every day. Here's what mine looks like, I also have an unmodified NG CP.

e2cpnew.jpg

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Mine is:

:A: :B: :C:
:4: :5: :6/:D:

6 and :D: are the same button. It's just easier this way so the jamma standard buttons are all on the top.

zapatistab

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I have a similar layout as Xian Xi and it's very comfortable. My CP is similar to Madman, but my buttons curve in the opposite direction. If you look at my sig you can see the layout. I recently added CPS-2 so the button plugs have been replaced with buttons.

:A: :B: :C: :D:
LK MK HK

Of course when CPs-2 is connected A, B, and C are LP, MP, HP.

Last edited: