Bootleg MVS Cartridge Sellers on Ebay

Zhar Johnson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Hello all,

If you are in here, it is probably because you are looking to purchase some Neo Geo games. I am fairly new to this hobby, I bought a modified neo about a year ago, and I am glad to have partaken in this hobby because it seems to be a healthy past time as well as a quick form of entertainment for those rainy days and nights. For about a year I have been purchasing games off Ebay and knew very little about bootlegs and originals. Yesterday I received a Neo Geo MVS of Metal Slug 4. I decided to check it against the master file just to make sure it was original. Once it turned out that infact it was a bootleg, I went to my little collection of MVS cartridges to check them out. Well It turns out that 4 Cartridges I have purchased off of ebay since i began collecting a year ago are infact bootleg cartridges. I am currently in the process of maybe, hopefully getting a return or refund. Since most of the MVS cartridges were purchased months ago, I do not know how succesful I will be. I will be back to post the ebay names of the sellers and to give you an update as to where I am in getting this resolved or if I am going to have to take a loss. This has been a good lesson in always checking the cartridges I get against the master file. Don't know if this is the correct place for this post. Let me know what you think, any advice will help. Thanks for reading.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Posting board pics of the games in Tech usually is helpfull in Finding out if they are boots or not.
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

I mean there's so many varables...Repairs,Games that do come with Eproms,Weird stuff etc..

I have never checked the master file..so I can't state anything about it.

Though I know what boots are,..I prefer to just post up the boards and see what the knowlegeable people here say

If you can take pics of the boards and can't post them,I can for you....you'd just have to email me the pictures..
Just PM me and I'd send you my email

Kllian

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
do the bootleg games work? i'm about to go shopping on ebay for afew games and just wanted to know what happens if in fact i get a bootleg'd game.

thanks

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Rating - 100%
450   0   0
do the bootleg games work? i'm about to go shopping on ebay for afew games and just wanted to know what happens if in fact i get a bootleg'd game.

thanks

Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they work, but have graphical glitches or poor sound. The problem with most bootlegs is that since they are non-original, they vary in quality. Some may work fine and may have been made in a factory in Hong Kong, others may have been made in someone's basement. With bootlegs, it's use at your own risk. I have a separate motherboard I use to test all my carts, I usually open and inspect any that I have doubts about. If you spent hundreds on a consolized MVS or a cab, you probably don't want to damage it with a poorly made boot cart.

Kllian

n00b
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they work, but have graphical glitches or poor sound. The problem with most bootlegs is that since they are non-original, they vary in quality. Some may work fine and may have been made in a factory in Hong Kong, others may have been made in someone's basement. With bootlegs, it's use at your own risk. I have a separate motherboard I use to test all my carts, I usually open and inspect any that I have doubts about. If you spent hundreds on a consolized MVS or a cab, you probably don't want to damage it with a poorly made boot cart.

gotcha, thanks for the heads up.