Boot Jamma PCB boards. Non Issue? Bad Idea?

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
I recently found a bootleg jamma board that I have been trying to find for over a year.
Now, I own a couple of boots, and have never had a problem ( faulty game play or damage to my T.V etc)
Before I go further with this particular pcb, want to find out if I have just been lucky.

What is the ratio?

Please share your experiences regarding bootleg jamma boards.

Thanks

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Golgo said:
I recently found a bootleg jamma board that I have been trying to find for over a year.
Now, I own a couple of boots, and have never had a problem ( faulty game play or damage to my T.V etc)
Before I go further with this particular pcb, want to find out if I have just been lucky.

What is the ratio?

Thanks

that's a cool AV

I've only played the NES version and I hate anime

what are your interest?

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
Wrong forum for the 2nd time. :oh_no:

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
xtoo_short20x said:
Wrong forum for the 2nd time. :oh_no:

How do I shift this thread?

Moderators please feel free to move this to the appropriate forum.

MrLonghair

Morden's Lackey
Bootleg PCBs are generally not worth the money, unless you're buying for spare components real cheap. Exceptions to this.. rule, can be made for particularly rare 80's PCBs.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Golgo said:

What is the ratio?

Thanks

I've got to ask: what game are you looking for?

Also, I've received a few Boots over the years - it happens - only 2 of them didn't have issues. As stated earlier, bootleg jamma boards typically aren't worth it - except for cheap parts for other projects. Some games from late 70's and early 80''s can only be found in boot form these days - so you're at a toss up. Sometimes it's better to find the damn game and play it to see if you like it rather than waste years of your life searching for the real deal - that you may end up hating.

Golgo

Cham Cham's Banana
ForeverSublime said:
I've got to ask: what game are you looking for?

Also, I've received a few Boots over the years - it happens - only 2 of them didn't have issues. As stated earlier, bootleg jamma boards typically aren't worth it - except for cheap parts for other projects. Some games from late 70's and early 80''s can only be found in boot form these days - so you're at a toss up. Sometimes it's better to find the damn game and play it to see if you like it rather than waste years of your life searching for the real deal - that you may end up hating.

I have found 2 copies of Splatterhouse. One is real, and one is a boot.
The real one is here
item.aspx

I know a bit about the value of this game, and it is not worth this much, plus I am not too keen about ordering from overseas. Once converted from Euros I would be looking at close to $600.00
I can buy a bootleg for a 100.00 The last bootleg I bought was The Punisher, this one is pretty much impossible to find original. It works fine.

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
I see them every couple of weeks. If you buy the japanese version - it may cost you around 600$. Other versions will be at least a third of the price (100-200$). There were 2 on ebay last month, actually. There was another this month, but I saw the seller closed the auction. If you haven't done so, drop some threads around various market forums and let people know how much you're willing to spend. I find the easiest way to look for things is to have people offer them to you.