[BOOK] Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman... coming JUNE 2014

Steve

The Wonder Years,
One of my pals (Rob, from the classic gaming website OPCFG… we're talking late '90s here, people!) is self-publishing a book of video game memories/stories from the "golden age of gaming" this June. It's called Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman. It was actually published in 2008 originally, but this is his 2.0 definitive version. There will also be a host of guest writers who submitted their own gaming-related stories which will appear in the book, including some from yours truly :) Ever since I was a kid, it had always been a small dream of mine to have my work one day published in a book. Thanks to Rob, I can cross that off the bucket list.

What's the book about? It's basically a bunch of guys in their 30s and 40s reflecting on epic gaming moments and stories that left a lasting imprint, presented in short 3 to 5 page chapters each. The book will be roughly 360 pages (!) long, with a bevy of pictures included. It's kind of like Chicken Soup for the Soul I suppose one could say, only (retro) gamer style

For more info on this book, visit Rob's site:

http://opcfg.kontek.net/

And here's a two page preview of one of the many stories. The story below was written by Rob, a true Splatterhouse nut

BmZX64LCYAA91_6.jpg:large

Last edited:

Steve

The Wonder Years,
The website for the book has just gone live. Check it out. It's still being worked on, but it gives you much more details about what the book will be all about.

http://www.memoirsofavirtualcaveman.net/

Really excited and can't wait to get my hands on a copy. I applaud Rob's decision to go physical with the book versus opting for a strictly online PDF format. There's nothing like holding a real magazine or in this case a real book in your hands... to be able to read it in bed or outside on the front porch. An IPad or Kindle will never replicate the same feeling. I also feel like Memoirs of a Virtual Caveman has the potential to fill a void in the world of video gaming-related books... it looks to me like the kind of book where I might go "Yes, I needed a book like this on my shelf all this time." I'm actually surprised there aren't more video gaming-related memoir books. It's definitely a niche genre, but one I think all retro gamers, especially those who appreciate a good story and a glimpse into the "glorious past" of this great hobby, should consider picking up when it hits sometime in June 2014.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Looks really interesting, I look forward to buying a copy when the opportunity arises.