Blast City Club

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Yeah, part of me wanted to wait to post till this weekend when I clean it up... but I'm a bit excited, lol.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Curious for you guys that run a Naomi, the games that are polygon based like Border Down look great, high res 2d like BlazBlue looks awesome, but man does Capcom's low res 2d stuff look like crap. Anyone run there's in 15khz for these games instead?

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
RoadBuster, congrats on the Blast! What an awesome cab, is it your first candy? Have fun scrubbing! I have some "before and after" pics of blast clean up in these albums, maybe you will find something helpful. Feel free to ask any questions.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKBfxHj

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKBh4Zt

grendelrt, Blast looks good in low res, why not give it a try yourself and see. Not quite as vibrant as some dual sync chassis, but still plenty sharp and vibrant. If you have manual sync ms-2930 you should set the dips while the cab is off to avoid wear and wear on the chassis.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
Curious for you guys that run a Naomi, the games that are polygon based like Border Down look great, high res 2d like BlazBlue looks awesome, but man does Capcom's low res 2d stuff look like crap. Anyone run there's in 15khz for these games instead?

I run MvC in 15khz and it looks great. Never tried it higher though.

Chempop

Never tried it higher though.

Probably not a good idea, you won’t get a favorable result running a game in a resolution it isn’t meant for. Though I guess Naomi can run in both High and Medium, but I am mostly clueless on that hardware so don’t quote me on it.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
Yeah I run my Blast in 15khz mostly (MVS) , but just got the Naomi, most of the games look great in 31khz, its just the old fighters that look like crap because the sprites are low res, but the background are higher res. I will have to try the fighters in low res, was just curious if most people do run in low res.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
RoadBuster, congrats on the Blast! What an awesome cab, is it your first candy? Have fun scrubbing! I have some "before and after" pics of blast clean up in these albums, maybe you will find something helpful. Feel free to ask any questions.

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKBfxHj

https://flic.kr/s/aHsjKBh4Zt

grendelrt, Blast looks good in low res, why not give it a try yourself and see. Not quite as vibrant as some dual sync chassis, but still plenty sharp and vibrant. If you have manual sync ms-2930 you should set the dips while the cab is off to avoid wear and wear on the chassis.

humm, your blast came with a model3 Vf3 ? still have it by chance ?

Chempop

humm, your blast came with a model3 Vf3 ? still have it by chance ?

I do, but after it warms up I get some minor graphical glitches. I wish I could get it sorted since I used to be a huge Virtua Fighter 1+2 fan.
It’s still playable though, and even came with the manual, marquee, movestrips etc.

codecrank

Whip's Subordinate
10 Year Member
I do, but after it warms up I get some minor graphical glitches. I wish I could get it sorted since I used to be a huge Virtua Fighter 1+2 fan.
It’s still playable though, and even came with the manual, marquee, movestrips etc.

I highly suspect that it is one of the few games that can use the VS billboard. can you snap a pic of the filter board when you get a chance ?

Chempop

Not sure if it uses the versus marquee, I’ll look in the manual when I get a chance.

Oh forgot to mention that it came with what looks like an after market head-to-head harness, I haven’t tested it though.

8542381085_3f6d31b85e_z.jpg

Last edited:

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Here's mine almost complete. Just got the last part to make a forgotten worlds blast. I hope to find a minute to put it together tonight. The fan quit working in my psu so I put in this green one instead.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659757.293211.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659608.184220.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659620.233190.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659632.784372.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659642.684873.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1408659695.239385.jpg

Chempop

Damn clean cab! Congrats, and don’t forget to post a pic when it’s all complete and running :)

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm having my first heart attack. Cab will no longer turn on. I do not see the LED on the power supply coming on when the switch is on in the back. Neither of the breakers are tripped. Is there an internal fuse I should look for?

Chempop

Is your front access door closed? There is a little button that needs to be pressed (I hold it in with a zip-tie) or else the cab won’t turn on.

RoadBuster

Crossed Swords Squire
Crisis avoided. Stellarola got a hold of me. The front door switch was pressed in, but needed to be pressed in from the back more. Whew... thanks guys.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Crisis avoided. Stellarola got a hold of me. The front door switch was pressed in, but needed to be pressed in from the back more. Whew... thanks guys.

Here's what I did to get rid if zip ties ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408669639.190518.jpgjust unplug it from that switch and plug this in instead and no more worries :-)