Black Myth: Wu Kong

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I was blown away by this gameplay. The gameplay showcase at the 11 minute mark was absolutely phenomenal.

This makes me want to watch Wu Kong/Immortal Demon Slayer all over again lol:

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Coming out in 3 years? Well...

I will say this. China will be in it to win it in the AAA market in coming years. Also just in general

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

I will say this. China will be in it to win it in the AAA market in coming years.

Disagreed. The market will cater to them more and more (much like Japanese devs catered to Americans in the 80s and 90s) but as far as being able to develop great games? No, I don't see that happening.

FFS they can't even make good movies. This is just some state-sponsored video game, don't believe the 'indie' dev claim for a second.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

I will say this. China will be in it to win it in the AAA market in coming years. Also just in general

I think you're overestimating China. They can't even make a reliable MVS multicart.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Disagreed. The market will cater to them more and more (much like Japanese devs catered to Americans in the 80s and 90s) but as far as being able to develop great games? No, I don't see that happening.

FFS they can't even make good movies. This is just some state-sponsored video game, don't believe the 'indie' dev claim for a second.

I'm thinking long term goals. You don't think at some point they will reign it in, be self sustained?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I'm thinking long term goals. You don't think at some point they will reign it in, be self sustained?

As long as the government has final say on what can be in media, then no. Be it music, or movies, or TV shows, or games - they are all propaganda, in a sense.

My brother in law is in a rock n roll band here in Beijing. Very cool dude. Band name used to be Drunkard, but after some years the government forced them to change it because of moral reasons.

Now just imagine how creatively bankrupt people in the arts are here.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I'm thinking it's a desperate compromise.

Artists are eternally hopeful and they think that as long as they get to make their art, they will make certain concessions.

LonelyWarbler

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm happy to see a proper take on Chinese mythology. The setting has barely been explored. I would love to see Condor(射鵰三部曲) adapted to a proper game

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
As amazing as this looks, It reminds me way too much of Sekiro. Sekiro could of been the best game of this generation and the best Ninja game of all time if it wasn't for the stupendous difficulty. I played Sekiro for four months and only got through 5% of the game.

I pray this isn't even close to being as difficult or it's going to be another unfortunate miss for me.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Ha!!! Not me.
I would like nothing more than for artists to succeed without compromising their principles with such commonality that it sparks a cultural revolution based on the kind of enlightenment that encourages people to see the infinite transcendence of beauty and not on socially engineered responses that make people feel a false sense of moral progress but which only favor corporate economics.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sharing more Wu Kong content, new vid looks like a repost of the snow battle we saw.

Also putting up their previous presentation where they use humor to essentially show off their motion capturing tools for the game lol:

Last edited: