Big Red is dicking me around

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Wanted to get some games in before passing out so I go to turn on my 2 slot that's loaded with a 161 cart and league bowling. Boots up to the 161 menu I choose a game and it flickers like it's about to load and then I'm staring at a black screen. I rebooted it acouple of times. Cleaned the carts and tried agsin. If I use legit carts I get only black screen. 161 menu always comes on when I stick it in but after gsme selection nothing.
Is this something that happens from time to time and could be fixed easily. This is the first time iver had a issue with it. Only thing I can think of is that the last couple times I turned it on the power supply fan was really loud and I had to unplug it and plug it back in afew time before it stopped. It's been about a month since I last tried turning it on.
Any help will be appreciated. Played some sf alpha 3 on fightcade and was in the mood for some breakers revenge.
I'm about to pass out, thanks

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sounds like Hard Dip 8 is on. If it isn't on, then you need to clean your slots.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
ok, maybe i hit it when i was testing an extension cord i was wiring to a stick. Ill def check it out when i get home.

Apocalypse

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Sounds like Hard Dip 8 is on. If it isn't on, then you need to clean your slots.
Yeah, that happened to me few times.
Especially after making a mod or a repair and you're like "Sh*t! I screwed it!" :lolz:

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
You were right, guess the cable pushed the dipswitch down. I was so pissed last night. Lol
Thanks

Especially after making a mod or a repair and you're like "Sh*t! I screwed it!" :lolz:
I was trying to think hard. My friend stayed over the other day and slept in the room with the cab. "He better of not fucked it up trying to play it while I was asleep!"
Lol

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member

That shit happened on the first CMVS I made, I literally spent 5 hours pulling out my hair, double and triple checking everything.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
damn, on the first one too! so you were already dealing with something new and that happned, i wouldve gone crazy. Thanks to your headache mine wasnt that bad.
Im just glad it was something easy and free, wanna play some neo geo this weekend.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
damn, on the first one too! so you were already dealing with something new and that happned, i wouldve gone crazy. Thanks to your headache mine wasnt that bad.
Im just glad it was something easy and free, wanna play some neo geo this weekend.

Exactly. It being my first made me working on that blind. Time for some NEO games for sure.