Beelzebub's Art Thread (Drawing, painting, sculpting, sprites, etc.)

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I've been perusing the creative section and really enjoyed all the stuff from the various creative people on these forums. So I've decided to share some of my art with you guys. I mainly like to draw black and white pictures with pencil and pen, but I've been know to dabble in painting, sculpting, and sprite-work.

I guess to begin, here's a drawing I did today based on the movie The Thing.

Here's the outline:
Spoiler:

TheThingSketch12-8-2014.png

Here's the finished drawing with detail and shading:
Spoiler:

TheThingSketchwithdetailshading12-8-2014.png

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Nice clean lines man. I can't draw for shit bit love seeing simple black and white pieces.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Nice clean lines man. I can't draw for shit bit love seeing simple black and white pieces.

Thanks man!

Some more drawings of mine from the past year.

"Astral Wraith"
Spoiler:

AstralWraith.jpg

"Carnivorous Commode"
Spoiler:

TentacleToiletInspiredbyTheRealGhostbusters.jpg

"Frog Demon"
Spoiler:

FrogDemon.jpg

"The Peeper"
Spoiler:

ThePeeper.jpg

"While You Slept"
Spoiler:

WhileYouSlept.jpg

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Some interesting drawings. You should paint them in watercolors. It would enhance that surreal dream/nightmare vibe you've got going on.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Some interesting drawings. You should paint them in watercolors. It would enhance that surreal dream/nightmare vibe you've got going on.

Some watercolors would be cool, thanks for the suggestion. I actually have some new water color pencils that you use as a pencil, but act as water color paints when water is added. So I might have to try those out on a future project.

Anyway, here's another quick drawing I did tonight of my favorite scene from John Carpenter's The Thing.

TheThingheadwithlegsresized.png

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Awesome work. My mind pictured these drawings as good designs for monsters set in an RPG that takes place in modern day.

Would love to see more, and I second watercoloring these!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
I bet you draw awesome Christmas cards.

I haven't really done that in the past, because I usually lacked motivation, but I'm definitely going to try doing that this year for a couple people.

Awesome work. My mind pictured these drawings as good designs for monsters set in an RPG that takes place in modern day.

Would love to see more, and I second watercoloring these!

Thanks! :D

Actually it's funny that you mention monsters from an RPG set in modern times. Because I used to really be into Earthbound romhacking. I have a few unfinished projects with quite a few original sprites.

Here's some of the best from my very first project from about 7-8 years ago.

Spoiler:

Ant Queen:
(Original) Ant Queen - 64x64 - palette [4].png
Arcade Ninja:
(Original) Arcade Ninja Bodybuilder - 64x64 - palette [8].png
Chasing the Dragon:
(Original) Chasing the Dragon - 64x64 - palette[8].png
Ninja Borg:
(Original) Ninja Borg - 64x64 - palette [5].png
Project 26:
(Original) Prototype 46 - 64x64 - palette [4].png
Sensei Miyamoto:
(Original) Sensei Miyamoto - 64x64 - palette [8].png
Yo-Yo Master:
(Original) Yo Yo Master - 64x64 - palette [8].png

Some from a much later project. That never ended up getting very far off the ground, other than some battle sprites.

Spoiler:

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing:
(Original) Wolf in Sheep's Clothing Shadow WIP (palette [6]).PNG
Totaled T.V.:
(Original) Totaled T.V. - 64x64 - palette [9].png
Pack a Day Habit:
(Original) Pack-A-Day Habit - 32x64 - palette [1].png
Mysterious Jar:
(Original) Mysterious Jar - 32x32 - palette [5].png
Monster Under the Bed:
(Original) Monster Under the Bed - 64x64 - palette [14].png
Monster in the Closet:
(Original) Monster in the Closet - 64x64 - palette [13].png
Mc Zombie Head:
(Original) Mc Zombie Head - 32x64 - palette [9].png
Malignant Microwave:
(Original) Malignant Microwave - 64x64 - palette [9].png
Chest of Drawers:
(Original) Evil Chest of Drawers 2 - 64x64 - palette [5].png
Offensive Oven:
Offensive Oven - 64x64 - palette [2].png

Then lastly there was a Fallout-related project that I was working on that got an outline, and some title/splash screen edits. As well as several sprites converted from some of the monsters from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Along with a couple originals, including an unfinished monster called a "Molech", created from concept art from "Van Buren"(Interplay's own unfinished Fallout 3 prototype).

Spoiler:

Spider Mine:
Spider Mine - 32x32 - palette [4].png
Bloat Fly:
Bloatfly - 32x64 - [4].png
Eyebot:
Eyebot - 32x64 - palette [2].png
Mark IV Turret:
Mark I Turret - 32x64 - palette [4].png
Mr. Handy:
Mr. Handy - 64x64 - palette [4].png
Securitron:
Securitron - 64x64 - palette [8].png
"Rad" Roach:
Rad Roach - 64x64 - palette [7].png
Molech:
Molech - 64x64 - [4]WIP 4.png

Last edited:

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
First drawing of the new year. Didn't really turn out like I wanted though, might have to redo this one again.

Spoiler:

New drawing 1-8-2014.png

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
I've been perusing the creative section and really enjoyed all the stuff from the various creative people on these forums. So I've decided to share some of my art with you guys. I mainly like to draw black and white pictures with pencil and pen, but I've been know to dabble in painting, sculpting, and sprite-work.

I guess to begin, here's a drawing I did today based on the movie The Thing.

Here's the outline:
Spoiler:

TheThingSketch12-8-2014.png

Here's the finished drawing with detail and shading:
Spoiler:

TheThingSketchwithdetailshading12-8-2014.png

it seems to be that you are inspired buy Lovecraft and all the Cthulhu things, right ?

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
it seems to be that you are inspired buy Lovecraft and all the Cthulhu things, right ?

That one was inspired by John Carpenter's The Thing, though yes I am a rather big fan of H.P. Lovecraft's mythos, especially Cthulhu.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Cool drawings; my favorite is the Carnivorous Commode (reminds me of the old Kenner Ghostbusters Fearsome Flush action figure). I also like the sprite work, particularly the D&D 1st Edition Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (one of their weirdest monster designs ever IMO).

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Finally found some inspiration tonight. Been looking at books about conjuration, mainly the Lemegeton: The Complete Lesser Key of Solomon, and it gave me some ideas.

Spoiler:
The%20Ritual%20Resized.png

Cool drawings; my favorite is the Carnivorous Commode (reminds me of the old Kenner Ghostbusters Fearsome Flush action figure). I also like the sprite work, particularly the D&D 1st Edition Wolf in Sheep's Clothing (one of their weirdest monster designs ever IMO).

Sorry man, didn't see your reply, thanks for the kind words. Yeah, the Carnivorous Commode is actually directly inspired by that Ghostbusters toy. I'm glad that someone finally recognized that, I loved that show. :p

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Finally found some inspiration tonight. Been looking at books about conjuration, mainly the Lemegeton: The Complete Lesser Key of Solomon, and it gave me some ideas.

Time to get rid of those leaky implants, huh?

Some great stuff here. I'm particularly impressed with the sprite work. I often can't even get my head around where you would even start with that stuff.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Time to get rid of those leaky implants, huh?

Some great stuff here. I'm particularly impressed with the sprite work. I often can't even get my head around where you would even start with that stuff.

Yep, this is what plastic surgery looks like in hell. :p

Thanks man, some of it, particularly the electronics/appliances. I usually just looked at a real-life object and just converted it to a 2-D sprite. It's not too hard as long as you're good with perspective and shading. Some of the other stuff that was just out of my head was a lot harder, and took many revisions for it to look right.

Bill Kilgore

Sent Rot A Secret Santa.Didn't Get Banned.FOOKIN A
Nice! If you look at the boobs as eyes and the bowl as lips you get a freaky face :p

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Man you got some great talent, that's sprite work is just badass!

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Around Halloween time I always seem to get inspiration for drawing so here's a couple I whipped up today.

First one is a character from the game Undertale, a sadistic flower named Flowey.

Spoiler:
Flowey.jpg

The second one is The Doomsday Door, from the episode "Knock Knock", from The Real Ghostbusters cartoon .

Spoiler:
Doomsday%20Door.jpg

Lastly I carved a pumpkin for the first time in probably a couple decades. It turned out pretty decent. It's also a character from Undertale, named Papyrus.

Spoiler:
Papyrus%20Pumpkin.jpg

neoman

Fio's Quartermaster
There some crazy stuff going on here but I love it
Nice work

cyriades

Super Spy Agent
Love your art! If you ever worked on a horror comic I'd gladly buy an issue of it.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member

Spoiler:
The%20Ritual%20Resized.png
I really like this one.

Beelzebub

Frenzy Football Player
10 Year Member
Nice work I like them.

Love your art! If you ever worked on a horror comic I'd gladly buy an issue of it.

I really like this one.

Thanks! I've been meaning to post more in here too, because I've done some more stuff since my last post. Might have to do an update soon.

@Sylvie: I really liked the art you posted in your thread a while back too. Have you done much drawing as of late?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
@Sylvie: I really liked the art you posted in your thread a while back too. Have you done much drawing as of late?

i haven't done anything really in like a year. this was the last thing i did, i dont remember if i posted it here, but i know you'll love it:
Spoiler:
spooky.jpg