Bad controller?

seamoon

New Challenger
Hi,

Got a home system a couple of months ago and have enjoyed it immensely, but there seems to be something wrong about either my system or controllers.
When I jog the connector of the controller just the slightest, typically one to all of the buttons and stick directions will stop responding. It can be quite cumbersome precision work to get all buttons and directions and start and select to all work simultaneously. :crying:
It's the same for both ports on the console. I figured it must be the controller (original big one) that's bad so I bought a new one (same model) but the problem persists!
Any ideas what the problem might be? Is it common and what is more likely, a bad controller or system? Ideas on how to fix it?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
its a common problem. only thing you can really do is make it tighter by slightly bending some pins BUT if done wrong you can break a pin off.

Aside from that you can find a db15 female/male adapter and see if that works.

seamoon

New Challenger
Xian Xi said:
its a common problem. only thing you can really do is make it tighter by slightly bending some pins BUT if done wrong you can break a pin off.

Thanks for your reply Xi.
Bending sounds scary, don't think I'll dare trying that out. Would dipping the connector of the cord in alcohol to clean it do any good you think?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
seamoon said:
Thanks for your reply Xi.
Bending sounds scary, don't think I'll dare trying that out. Would dipping the connector of the cord in alcohol to clean it do any good you think?

No. The problem isnt bad connection due to dirt or dust, its bad connection because its loose.

You can maybe try adding something to make it stay in there like fattening the plug of the controller. Maybe by adding material to it like hard black plastic or rubber. Maybe even putting a thin coating of rubber sealant on the outer ring of the plug.

I dunno.