Astro City vs NEW Astro City... Pro's and Con's?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Squid said:
Kof 96 nice..
What u rekon i should pay for a 1 slot?

Nah no yellowing at all..does have a couple of verysmall scuffs through the fibreglass coat.Control panel locks have been drilled out as they had no key but basically it's all pretty good,monitor could be crisper though.

Yeah funny you say that about the buton's i agree it's got to be perfect.Got a mate who's a patternmaker will driil the new hole's perfect.Then i find out today the existing hole's for the stick's on my panel won't let the new stik's fit or somethin!!..gotta now wait till the boss get's back on monday for a look to make sure it's sorted ,,and turn's out i can't pick up the cab this weekend either anyway as no one's there!!..meah
Look's like i'll be to busy ect and'll have to pay for a courier($165) if i want it asap and the van was a free ride but only on the weekend..doh!Oh well iv'e waited this long :cool: ..

I wonder if I should buy a new astro CP and do the 3 extra holes myself...hmm
Too bad you can't pick up the cab this weekend, I myself had to take a day off school to get my cab, place wasn't open on weekends.

I bought my MVS 1 slot from a member here for 110 AUD shipped so around that price should be it.

Squid

Crazed MVS Addict
lachlan said:
I wonder if I should buy a new astro CP and do the 3 extra holes myself...hmm
Too bad you can't pick up the cab this weekend, I myself had to take a day off school to get my cab, place wasn't open on weekends.

I bought my MVS 1 slot from a member here for 110 AUD shipped so around that price should be it.

Yeah that's an idea if you want to slightly customise your kick button layout or make sure it's perfect.
You'd find somewhere who could machine them holes for a reasonable price if you weren't able to yourself.

Sweet ,110 shipedsound's about right ,no doubt that was a good one as well.
Still,'ill stik with my cps2 for a while..Get that stereo happening as well i hope.

stuffmonger

Baseball Star Hitter
Squid said:
Kof 96 nice..
What u rekon i should pay for a 1 slot?

Nah no yellowing at all..does have a couple of verysmall scuffs through the fibreglass coat.Control panel locks have been drilled out as they had no key but basically it's all pretty good,monitor could be crisper though.

Yeah funny you say that about the buton's i agree it's got to be perfect.Got a mate who's a patternmaker will driil the new hole's perfect.Then i find out today the existing hole's for the stick's on my panel won't let the new stik's fit or somethin!!..gotta now wait till the boss get's back on monday for a look to make sure it's sorted ,,and turn's out i can't pick up the cab this weekend either anyway as no one's there!!..meah
Look's like i'll be to busy ect and'll have to pay for a courier($165) if i want it asap and the van was a free ride but only on the weekend..doh!Oh well iv'e waited this long :cool: ..
a 1 slot should run you anywhere between $75 and $175 depending on which model you get... if you don't care about looks, and have plenty of space, go with the MV-1 or the MV-1F that should be around $75 (usd)

Squid

Crazed MVS Addict
stuffmonger said:
a 1 slot should run you anywhere between $75 and $175 depending on which model you get... if you don't care about looks, and have plenty of space, go with the MV-1 or the MV-1F that should be around $75 (usd)

Thanks for giving a newbie the word
Should be plenty of room in the astro for either i'd imagine

ps,i should probably start a fresh post,
but i don't spose you or anyone ever use those rca plugs on cps2 boards ever?,(apart from if the pcb and cab are q sound enabled)
Just thinking about what to do soundwise with the first astro when she arrive's soon..
Cheers