APB: Stolen Konami Windy

Celestein

n00b
Just a heads up to the general public, in the last week or so I went into my storage and noticed it had been broken into and several items had been stolen, including one of my cabs.

I don't check it often so it could have been stolen anytime in the last three months.

If you bought a Konami Windy from anywhere around WNY in that time-frame let me know(maybe we can work something out if its mine).

Otherwise if you see any Windys for sale, be aware that I'm actively searching auctions, craigs, forums, etc for my cab, so be aware especially around my area that you might be buying stolen goods.

It had a SF3:3S chinese version A board in it at the time as well, so if you see them bundled be extra suspicious.

I appreciate any help in recovering it.

Celestein

n00b
Thanks, really appreciate anyone looking out for it. Thankfully they're rare enough that it's easy to track long as I'm patient.

My biggest fear is the criminals realize that and end up junking it...

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
def man,
I'm always watching out for arcade sales in new york..
its curious tho, who would take the time to load up a candy?
not exactly pick pocketing..

eek

Mature's Make-up Artist
15 Year Member
:very_ang:.....:(..........:crying:

I hope you are able to find your stolen cab.

Celestein

n00b
def man,
I'm always watching out for arcade sales in new york..
its curious tho, who would take the time to load up a candy?
not exactly pick pocketing..

No clue who did it tbh, but it was missing along with a bunch of other stuff, guess they came prepared with a truck.

Darren870

Previously Lusted for Lard
What did the storage company say? Are they going to reimburse you?

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
What did the storage company say? Are they going to reimburse you?

They should, I know the contract I have with my storage company covers insurance. I also use a in door locker to store my stuff.

Celestein

n00b
Far as insurance goes that's all taken care of, I got compensated for it. But like most of us would feel, I don't care about the money, I want my cab! A lot harder to get a windy than the money =0

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
A skilled thief who has a taste for good gaming. They're out there.

That and a Windy is actually pretty easy to load up. I could put mine in the back of a truck by myself if I had to. Couldn't say that about any of my other cabs.

Hope you find whoever it was man.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
What games were stolen?

Chances are they will pop up on here, shmups, or other sites in the future.

Celestein

n00b
What games were stolen?

Chances are they will pop up on here, shmups, or other sites in the future.

Just the SF3 one inside it, the only things in there game-wise were my 6 candies and any boards in them at the time. Otherwise they just stole a lot of random shit like small furniture and boxes of my clothes >.>
The irony being the reason I went there to begin with is because I finally finished renovating a new space to put them(why they were in storage to begin with).

Celestein

n00b
Two years later, I have recovered my Konami Windy, and the culprit has been identified but still remains at large(it's not anyone in the scenes, just a random scumbag).

It took two years but I finally found it listed on craigslist, from a local pawn-shop. They waited a really long time to sell it, figuring I probably had given up, their mistake!

yay for happy endings.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
That's awesome. Glad to hear you managed to recover her. Now the question is was she abused during her captivity?

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
Two years later, I have recovered my Konami Windy, and the culprit has been identified but still remains at large(it's not anyone in the scenes, just a random scumbag).

It took two years but I finally found it listed on craigslist, from a local pawn-shop. They waited a really long time to sell it, figuring I probably had given up, their mistake!

yay for happy endings.

dude congrats, that must a been a really shitty ordeal. Very happy you got it back, is everything ok with it?

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,

yay for happy endings.

good lord, I was going to give whoever necro-bumped this shit, but HOLY CRAP! Good on you for being persistent and Holding out hope! Welcome that windy home like a long lost child!

PICS PLS!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
always nice when there is a happy ending in a story like this... Hope the scumbag gets caught.

Celestein

n00b
It works seemingly fine, the outside however is really scuffed up, they clearly just put the thing unprotected in dirty truck beds to transport it.
(why steal something valuable and then treat it like shit to devalue it?).

So at some point I'm probably gonna attempt to do a restoration on the outside, inside though it's fine. It even still had the SF3Sa board that was inside when it was stolen, but the board doesn't work =/ no one ever replaced the battery.

Attachments

• windsmall.jpg
    windsmall.jpg
    677.1 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
so how did you find it? were you continually on the look out?

How did you get the police involved to reclaim the stolen property?

Deets, MAN!

Celestein

n00b
Every month or so I'd just search "Konami Windy for sale 2012(or 2013)" and "Craigslist Konami Windy", I kept track of the ones people were selling on the various forums as well to make sure they weren't mine.

I had the # on the backplates, a number I scribbled into the front-inside of the machine, I still had the keys, so once I found the physical machine it was easy to prove it was mine, but the biggest "tell" was I had a specific color combination of buttons on it when looking at listings.

For reclaiming it, I talked to the pawn shop owner(who has nothing to do with it as a note), confirmed it was mine, and then we called the police to come claim it(the police have to claim it so the pawn-broker's insurance/bonding covers the loss).

Sorry, both pics are blurry, but first ones mine from pre-theft, second is from the craigslist picture. You have to zoom in, but you can clearly see my unusual color choice is the same.(if anything...my ugly choice made it easy to recover...lol)

Attachments

• windcontrol.jpg
    windcontrol.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 265
  • windy2.jpg
    windy2.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 263
Last edited: