Anyone out there have a copy of Konami's 'Violent Storm' (PCB)?...

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Well hey!!

Barely a Tech issue, but figured it's still the best place for it. I've just got a copy of this great little side scrolling fighter, but it arrived with no EPROM cover stickers (shock, horror :kekeke: ). Now, I know I could go for the ol' faithfull black insolation tape routine, but I figured if I could find someone that has a complete copy, maybe they could send me a big, clear digital photo of their board so I can reproduce the stickers for my copy.

Really just need to know what each of the 3 EPROMs have printed on them. I'm expecting as follows (example asia version)

(Main CPU program binary)

AA
C01 (and 'C02' for second of the two)

(Sound CPU program binaries)

A05

Any help would be fantastic!!! Oh, and anyone that hasn't played this game and is as old school as I am, do yourself a favour and check it out, great fun and the BGM is an 80's/90's riot!!! :buttrock:

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Hi John

What is the Konami board # for Violent Storm?

I have a few Konamis I have not been able to ID (faulty or incomplete boardsets)

John_Smith

B. Jenet's Firstmate
ttooddddyy said:
Hi John

What is the Konami board # for Violent Storm?

I have a few Konamis I have not been able to ID (faulty or incomplete boardsets)

Hey there Toddy ;)

Well on looking over my copy of 'Violent Storm' it lacks the familiar large screen printed board number, but apparently it's GX168. Here's a good source for Konami board numbers -

http://www.mikesarcade.com/cgi-bin/spies.cgi?action=url&type=info&page=konami_boards_listing30.txt

My 'Metamophic Force' PCB which is the same harware revision also lacks the GX___ number.....Maybe they stopped printing them on the boards in '93

Violent Storm does however have "PWB353401A" next the the bold Konami logo. Not sure if this is unique to my actual copy or just to 'Violent Storm' in general. Hope this helps out :)

Hey and thanks for the SEGA amps and heatsinks man!!!:D