Any fans of Smallville here?

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
Hey guys, huge fan of Smallville here.

I just watched the latest episode, Season 7-16, "Descent".

Heart wrenching episode as my favorite character Lionel Luthor died. He was, in my opinion, the best actor on the show, he was the high point of every episode.

The producers promised that an established character would be killed in this episode, and in the trailer for it they also showed Lionel being pushed out the window by Lex, but the producers also stated that :

1. The character would actually die and not come back, no cloning or anything
2. The murder would be a shock

But here's my problem, there was no shock in Lex killing Lionel. None whatsoever. So what was up with that? Lex also killed his inner child in this episode, still keeping the faith Lionel will be back, as the Child Lex was the one actually killed off. :(

They really focused on people's eyes in this episode, wonder if that ties in with anything down the road. They only showed Lionel's eyes when Lex was told to identify the body, I thought maybe he's no dead, but at the end of the episode his open grave is shown with a casket in it.

There's also the discrepancy that John Glover was already signed on for next season. So what's going to happen now?

glover-john-photo-john-glover-6205352.jpg

taitai

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
by my count, superman is on the closer side of a century old.

let him DIE.

RAINBOW PONY

DASH DARK ANDY K,
20 Year Member
taitai said:
by my count, superman is on the closer side of a century old.

let him DIE.

Just one season left.

Michael Rosenbaum (Lex) and Kristin Kreuk (Lana) both said they do not want to do a full season, they only want part time appearances.

I am not sure what Season 8 will be about, but now that they killed Lionel I don't see it faring very well.

Most Smallville fans agree, he was one of the best parts of the show.

I keep hoping they screwed with us by making us think Lionel is dead, but the character killed off was actually Child Lex, and Lionel is alive. Somehow...maybe Jor-El uses him as a vessel again, or Lex is secretly keeping him alive, or Lionel has a Meteor power as well.

Hell, if Chloe & Lex have superpowers, because they were at the meteor shower, why wouldn't Lionel as well? He was there too.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
I think that michael rosenbaum, john schneider, and john glover all carried the show.

Nonetheless Michael Rosenbaum single handedly IMO is the whole reason to watch the show. He just portrays a villain like nobody else. I think he's so far the best luthor i've ever seen, only followed by Lex on JL.

I haven't kept up with the show since season 4 i believe. I didn't like the addition of Lois Lane I don't know why, it just didn't feel right.