Any beer enthusiasts on here??

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
It's a good week for a birthday :)
My town is full of craft breweries, consequently i seldom drink the same beer twice....
bdg_OmahaBW2015_lg.jpg

I feel sorry for people who feel no effects after drinking a couple beers. Are you an alcoholic or a bigger guy?

I'm in this club too.
For me, it's a combination of both.
between standing at 6'3" and usually drinking something every other day or so, it's usually 4 drinks or so for me.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I like to pretend and tell people I'm perfectly fine after drinking 3 or 4 craft beers (5-7% ABV), but that's typically enough to get me feeling pretty good.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I generally stick with beers from Cigar City, one of Tampa's local breweries, as beer generally doesn't travel well in my experience. When I was growing up in Leeds (England) my go-to beer was Tetley's. These days, I prefer a bit more flavor.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Damn, Tetley's is some good stuff! I totally forgot about it.

Turbogfx

Crazed MVS Addict
We're quite spoiled here in Belgium regarding beer offering in grocery stores.

My personal favorites, which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone interested in fine beers are:

- Omer (heavy blonde beer, great if you like Duvel)
- Tripel Karmeliet (fantastic creamy taste due to the use of 3 types of grain, out of which one is oat)
- La Chouffe (also try Mc Chouffe, the amber variant!)
- Chimay Bleue (the best trappist beer I've ever tasted. Delicious in autumn or in winter)
- Rochefort 10 (almost as good as Chimay Bleue ;-) )
- St. Bernardus Abt 12 (actually this is the same recipe as the infamous Westvleteren. The abbey of Westvleteren was not allowed to produce beer during the Great War, so they outsourced production of their beer to the brewery of Watou, who continued to brew the beer after the abbey took up production again, albeit under a different name.)

Cheers!

Last edited:

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
I generally stick with beers from Cigar City, one of Tampa's local breweries, as beer generally doesn't travel well in my experience. When I was growing up in Leeds (England) my go-to beer was Tetley's. These days, I prefer a bit more flavor.

Cigar City is awesome... I'd kill for some white oak jai alai. It's never available when I'm in town. Speaking of that area, have you ever been to Rapp? They had an amazing gose on tap when I went there.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I love a good beer, and even brewed my own (from a kit) a couple of times.
I mostly stick to brewing mead these days though. It's easier and slower.
I have a little drink fridge in my game room and try to keep it stocked.
My favorite is usually either Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.
I used to drink a lot more, but I've been trying to cut back, so I keep it to a 6 pack a week now.

For special beers, just about anything made by Stone Breweries will be good for me. Even their super-dark super-thick Russian Imperial Stout makes a great black and tan, even if it's too damn strong to drink by itself.

I also live very near a huge asian market, so I get into the Japanese and Korean stuff they have occasionally. I had this beer, Asahi Kuronama, that was really tasty.
If you have the chance, I recommend picking up one.
index_img_001.jpg

I feel sorry for those who don't live in a town with a good beer bar. Luckily here in Omaha we have several, but still waiting a good brewery. We got a few breweries but none of them are that great.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Even their super-dark super-thick Russian Imperial Stout makes a great black and tan, even if it's too damn strong to drink by itself.

I strongly disagree. Bold flavors and aromas are the reason I drink good beer (as opposed to domestic swill or nothing at all). Really hoppy IPAs and robust imperial stouts are among my favorite styles.

Currently in my fridge: Green Flash Road Warrior, Not Your Father's Root Beer, and some Smithwick's left over from St. Patty's Day

Also, Happy National Beer Day, everyone!

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
I can usually do almost a full pint glass of the Stone Russian Imperial Stout, but it's too much for my girly palate to drink the whole bomber, and I hate to waste it, so I mix it.

It's still good either way.

Also, if you're brave (or stupid?), you can try this advert-beer, Smaug Stout:
152438.jpg

I thought it was vile, but some people seem to like it, so more power to you.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I tend to avoid "licensed beers." They tend to be all gimmick, no quality.

ThGame

Geese's Thug
Today's small haul:

RqItgGj.jpg

Ooooo that really make me want to go out and buy a basket of imports. Gotta wait until friday though. Stupid night shifts. Good friend coming in from out of town this weekend, also beer enthusiast. Gonna get me some

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Just enjoyed KBS a few days ago and tonight I'm having Weyerbacher Sunday Morning Stout, which is pretty local to me

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Tonight I'll have some Shiner Bock, too buzzed to drive anywhere and it's the best the nearest corner store has to offer.