Anbernic RG351V

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
Souls.jpg

351p came in. Moonlight works. Fuck 4k gaming we're doing 320p gaming. I got... 5TRT9 souls over here.

I'm running ArkOS 351p/m Final on it at the moment, with Moonlight installed via Anberports.

GBA looks great, of course. RGA scaling does a better job with the 240p games than I expected, although the 350m and 351v are clearly going to be better for 4:3 games.

I really like the 350m because it feels well-designed for what it's capable of. Anbernic's rockchip devices all seem compromised one way or another.

If, instead of the 351m, Anbernic had put out a 401p: dual analog, 4 inch 854x480p screen, that would have been perfect.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Wait... whats Moonight? Is that Dark Souls?!

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
It's an open-source implementation of Nvidia Gamestream for local streaming. There are workarounds if your PC has an ATi card, but I haven't looked into them. I'm running Dark Souls 3 in the picture, yeah.

Anberports can be used to install it.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
351* performance is going to vary a lot based on the firmware and libretro core you use, but I'm on ArkOS running the most updated versions of the cores:

Final Burn Neo core runs Third Strike at ~60fps.

The same core will run Gunbird 2 at 60fps, but you'll need to go into the settings to turn on speed hacks.

Flycast (Naomi) runs CVS2 between 50-60 fps, and seems to mostly stay around 54, once the game has run for about a round. Ikaruga runs at around 30.

Atomiswave, also through Flycast, isn't quite there. I played through the first stage of Metal Slug 6, and I think it could be tweaked to run pretty well, but the other games I tried were too slow.