6 slot MVS keeps resetting

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
Ok here is the deal.I own a Neo Geo 6 slot MVS and the system keeps resetting when all the Slots are filled.If I only put in 4 games it works fine.Can someone please let me know if my MVS is shot? I think it may need a cleaning but not sure as to what is wrong.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
This may pertain to your power supply being to low in voltage..

Tech guys HelP.....:help:

Donshootermasta

I like Men & Boots!
chris1 said:
This may pertain to your power supply being to low in voltage..

Tech guys HelP.....:help:
\

Thanks a bunch If I mess around with the ground wires it starts to work for a moment.I have it in a 4 slot MVS cab with a 6 slot replacement in the cab.Maybe I should change back to a 4 slot.I did not have this problem before It only started when I tried newer games on the 6 slot.MOTW,Strikers,Metal Slug 4 and others.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I would pop the 4 slot in until you get more info..

You may have an improper ground and need to fix that..
That would cause the board to reset..

Also the 3 carts stated are high in Meg/Gigs and may require more power from the power supply to work properly.

You have to raise your power supply volage a bit..

But this could blow the board ..So I'd wait until a person who can explain this process better arrives.

Reznor007

Host for Orochi
This is a common game failure. The power supply gets old and doesn't give as much power, thus the game will reset. A 6 slot board uses more power(and certain games require more than others), so it will fail faster.

You need a newer/stronger power supply. Order a new one from Bob Roberts or Happ.

the binary c0de

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
20 Year Member
SHIT!!! Do I need a different power supply for a 6-slot MVS board? I just bought one and I totally didn't think about that posibility. Damit. Anyone got a six slot power supply?

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
Before replacing the power supply measure the +5 volts at the jamma/mvs edge connect (its important to check it there and not at the power supply itself as there will be voltage dropped in the harness)

Ive found 5.2 volts at the mobo works well with my six slots.

The 6 slots draw typicaly around 5 amps, which is higher than the other mvs boards, but a standard arcade psu can supply 10-15 amps, so its not a real issue.

The electro caps in the psu dry out with time/heat which leads to poor regulation-low voltage. If thats the case have done with it and go for a newy as Reznor suggests.