4 slot issue

Quazimoto

n00b
Hello,
I have a 4 slot and a league bowling cartridge. The first player Set and throw will not work. It sets....but goes right to throw....will not set speed level. I put the League bowling in a single slot and it works fine thus its the 4 slot. I have checked all the wires and connections etc etc....anybody ever have a problem like this??? Are 4 slots problematic???? If so any way to make them better?? Or just go to a single slot.
Thanks
Kevin

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Reset the backup RAM.

Boot the board with no cartridge installed and push the player 1 start until you get to the screen telling you to push A B C at once to clear the RAM.

RJ

mrjiggs

Kabuki Klasher
i just received a 4 slot from a friend, the first slot however is not working but the other 3 are. it was working great one day and the next week he called saying the slot isnt working, so he ordered a new board and sold me his old one. any advice on what to look for, pins bend easily?, everything looks really clean i even ran a business card with a little alcohol on it to clean the pins but they weren't dirty. thanks

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Dirty slot connector... loose slot connector... bad traces on the board... dirty cartridge... Those are all culprits.

Normally it wouldn't be a problem with the bus buffer chips (74LS244/74LS245) on the top board. If you have a problem wtih those chips they tend to take out the other chips that are connected to the same lines on the board. In other words, the other common bus buffers on the remaining 3 slots. ;)

RJ