360 rings of death and warranty?

J0e Musashi

Metal Slug Mechanic
RGP said:
Funny thing I was doing some shopping at Sainsburys in St Albans on sat when I bumped into him, where he filled me in yeah he's moved again, deleted that ebay account & he scrapped his Megalo cab.

He's not much good to me alive that boy. Thanks for the head's up Peter.

J69

Hardened Shock Trooper
As good as xbox360s are, they have such widespread tech problems is ridiculous

Mine

1 - freezes all the time

2 - comes up with disc errors all the time

3 - PGR3 wont work with my HDD

As does everyone elses who i know has one

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Its almost like Sony & M$ swapped places this time with reliability.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
RGP said:
Its almost like Sony & M$ swapped places this time with reliability.
Too bad they also swapped places with developer support and popular ideas.

radirgyman

n00b
Snooptalian said:
Yeah, believe it or not it did work. No telling how long it'll last. I've heard people that covered the system for 10 minutes and it only ended up working for 3 hours or so, then also people have kept the system covered for an hour or more and it has worked flawlessly for weeks without problems, and is still working as usual. So who knows? I'm sure I'll have to buy another at some point, but I'm in no hurry to spend $300-$400 on something I already have...:oh_no:

i got the 3 rings of deth..
yet to try the towel trick..

Funny enough my 360 never got that heated up!

So it may not work for me :(

Ive got the extra warranty deal,, hope they dont notice the firmware hack tho..

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
There's one better, more permanet trick:

buy a eraser, cut it into pieces, and put the as support for the memory banks. So, even if hot make the sold to wear off, the memopry banks will still be in place, connected and working.

Never tried, but some friends around here that have 360s were commenting on this.

They recomend that faber-castell white ones.

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Well I'm gonna get rid of it and let someone else pay $99 to get it resoldered the way it should have been in the first place. The towel fix worked for awhile, but as predicted it only works for a few days, long enough for those cold joints to lose contact again. Not gonna bother with toweling it again and will sell it super cheap to someone who wants to get it fixed...Haven't decided if I want to buy another or not, or just sell off my 360 games and focus on the PS3 instead...Anyone wanna trade a couple PS3 games for it?

Snooptalian

Hairdresser, ,
Took the 360 into EB and traded it in for $199 gift card, which I'll use soon on either another regular 360 or may wait till the new black one comes out in a month or so...I kept the hard drive so I could just get a core system and I'd still have all my saves and downloads by plugging my old HD in it. If there was a way of getting the contents of this drive onto the new 120 that will come with the black 360 I'd go that route. Not sure how you go about that though...Either way $200 for a jacked up system minus the drive is a helluva deal IMHO, and no I did not rip EB off. I told them about the problems with it and he didn't seem to think it mattered...