2010 Dodge Ram SLT Hemi 4x4 = Sex

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
At my work, they send me down to Windsor once every 2 weeks to take care of the IT work in a plant down there, and whenever they do, I get to rent a vehicle on the company's expense. Been doing it for about 2 months now.

First time I got a Nissan Versa, not the most comfy thing on the highway but it was great on gas. Second time I get a Suzuki SX4. Car was impressively loaded and was pretty good on the highway plus the gas on it was pretty cool. Third time I got an '09 Mitsubishi Gallant which was utter crap in every sense of the word (crappy mileage, car looked decent but when you turn it on it sounds like a tin can).

Yesterday was a different story though.

I called Enterprise at around 2pm and told them I needed a vehicle for today and they told me they had nothing until about 5:30pm so I left them my number so I can go pick up the car as soon as they get one in. 2 hours later they call me telling me that they have a Suzuki SX4 available which would have been good. But then they call me back 30 mins later to tell me that they have a customer who is in the store needing an economy sized vehicle so they offered me a Dodge Ram for the same price as a mid-sized. Knowing how expensive gas would be, I ran it by my boss but he didn't seem to mind so I went ahead with it. I went there at around 5ish to get this vehicle.

7617_142785674478_508864478_2460892_7720909_n.jpg

My first impression of the vehicle was that it was absolutely huge and looked very powerful. After inspection and signing the sheets I sat in this thing only to realize two things:

1. The mileage was only at 25km so I was literally the FIRST person driving this thing....it probably came straight off the lot to Enterprise right into my hands.

2. It was almost fully loaded (390hp HEMI engine).

Needless to say, I was nothing short of impressed. Despite the truck's huge gas tank, it has a really good fuel efficiency system which drops the car to 4 or 6 cylinder whenever it's running on low rpm's to save on gas. Plus, when you give it, the thing flies. The car's interior was very impressive and fully loaded as well. It has a screen right in front of you which can show you all the information you need to know about your vehicle, including tire pressure and fuel efficiency.

7617_143467929478_508864478_2465783_1046530_n.jpg

After driving it for about 400km or so, I realized why so many people have fun in these kinds of vehicles. It feels so liberating when you can see the tops of not only other cars but vans and SUV's as well...and the fact that it can climb over damn near any curb effortlessly with its 20" tires.

It seriously made me reconsider my stance on 4x4's. I might get something similar to this as my next vehicle.

Just thought I'd get my experience with this truck out there. Any 4x4 owners out there that wanna share their love?

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
I've owned a 2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7L 8 cyl for 4 years now and I love the vehicle. It drinks gas, but that thing gets up & goes and hauls even with a decent load well. That thing has been nothing but reliable for me. I would even consider another, if I would actually use the truck as a truck. Next will probably be that small Suzuki all-wheel drive car (is that the SX4?)

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I hate parking in a truck. I always feel like I'm going to scrape the other car.

-Hibikster-

Bead Banger
Haha yea, thanks for reminding me about the parking....this thing takes up 1.25 parking spots at any given moment. I didn't have a problem backing it into its parking spots though.

No fair, i wanna be a Dark Andy....Or Dark Hibi, or something to that effect. :(

Giby

Disciple Of Orochi
Damn, I didn't think you were this gay for the truck.