Search results

1. J

The Best Ikaruga Review in the Universe

<a href="http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=ikaruga" target="_blank">I believe they call this "praise from Caesar," if Caesar had a web page</a>
  2. J

FFTA US commercials

I just saw two of the commercials for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance (US version). They seem to be like psychic friends commercials, and they had Ritz (who seemed to be playing the "seductive psychic lady") and Mewt (who was playing the "spoiled little brat whom I wish I could dropkick across...
  3. J

Weaponlord... semi-obscure weapons fighter

Okay, this game isn't really that obscure--it got press in Gamepro, after all. But if you asked the average gamer about it, you'd probably get a blank stare or a raised eyebrow. But this game was actually pretty good. It had a thrust block that was kind of like a parry in Soul Edge/Calibur...
  4. J

An article that bears posting here...

<a href="http://www.411mania.com/games/columns/article.php?columns_id=1255" target="_blank">Article on SNK, SVC and retrogaming as a labor of love</a> This article, I feel, is an interesting read. It basically talks about SNK and how they've garnered such a loyal fanbase, and how that pertains...
  5. J

Fear the Terry Cosplayers!

Just got back from Baltimore a couple of hours back, and I thought I'd share a story. There was a guy in the gameroom at Otakon dressed as Terry Bogard on a massive (I think 70+) winning streak on SVC Chaos. I tried playing as Kyo, but got owned. So let this be a lesson to all y'all--never...
  6. J

Questions about the site as a whole

What happened to the "blacklist" on the store and the list of who got suspended and why? Those sections were actually quite informative.
  7. J

Other bad game companies (other than Acclaim, Bandai, EA, THQ, 3DO)

I know that Acclaim, Bandai, THQ, 3DO and EA get their fair share of bashing, but what about other stupid game companies? Discuss these companies here. I'll start things off: Eidos. They released the Tomb Raider series, they tried selling a game (Fear Effect 2) with lesbian sex, and they're...
  8. J

Question regarding ROTD shipping

I have an MVS kit for Rage of the Dragons up for auction on Ebay, and I was wondering how much it would cost to ship it. The auction can be seen <a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13718&item=3228507047" target="_blank">here</a>. I'm assuming 2-day Priority or the...
  9. J

Thoughts about Lynx/NGPC porting (bear with me on this)

I was looking at my Lynx the other day (a tough portable to beat, though it has few good games :( ), and I got to thinking. I thought to myself, "Self, do you think it would be possible to port NGPC games to the Lynx or vice versa?" I looked at the specs, and figured that a more likely option...
  10. J

Good and bad news for KOF EX2 fans...

The good news is that there'a going to be a release to the US. The bad news is that it's by Acclaim. Does anybody foresee them making a "KOF Girls Gone Wild" commercial? :p EDIT: <a href="http://www.acclaim.com/games/previews/kof/index.html" target="_blank">Proof of this sign of the...
  11. J

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance--Damn Good Game

I pre-ordered FFTAdvance (JP) from NCS. My insanity is your gain. I come to you with a Final Fantasy Tactics Advance review based on my experience with it. I'll try to avoid spoiling the plot, but I'll give an idea of the basic system. --You are part of a clan. Characters will come to you...
  12. J

Week of 2/9 to 2/15 Gaming Thread

What games have you been playing this week? You know the drill by now; list your weapons of choice in the fight to be entertained. Waku Waku 7 (MVS) Megaman Battle Network 2 (GBA) Yu-Gi-Oh Dungeon Dice Monsters (GBA)--yeah, shut up. It's actually a pretty good game. King of Fighters EX2 (GBA)...
  13. J

Strange error message on page?

There seems to be something up whenever I try to click "back" on the browser. The background becomes white--of course, this messes up most of hte text on the screen--and there's an error in the code. The error is generally as follows: The errors show up on lines 50, 151, 203, 255, 307, 365...
  14. J

Rage of the Dragons notes: What the...?

I've noticed some oddities with Rage of the Dragons. First of all, look at the "dragons" that appear in the game (based on storylines and each character's "symbol")--they seem to match the mana colors in Magic: the Gathering: Billy--blue Jimmy--red Lynn--white Pepe--green Johann--black Also...
  15. J

Problems with DHP list

I have a problem with the DHP list. The way my school's email works is as follows: They give you two addresses--one that's your initials and two digits, one that's your full name, with periods between each part. The old system seemed to use the initials+two-digit number system, and that's the...
  16. J

EX2 question.

1) I was playing as Moe in KOF EX2, and I got a straight victory against Iori's team. I expect some inscrutable Japanese win quote essentially extolling her mad skills, but I get the following: ( ^ x ^ ) v Truly, this must mean something. Or it's just some sort of stupid display of her...
  17. J

Sinobu (sic) in EX2 is a cheap little MF'er

The final boss, Sinobu (again, sic), in KOF EX2 is cheap as hell. Remember Goenitz? Yeah, I thought so. ;) The kid's pretty much like Goenitz, right down to the outfit. (SPOILER) (S P O I L E R) (S-P-O-I-L-E-R SPOILER!) And the second form is even worse. Instead of hurricanes, there's...
  18. J

How do I get Zeus/NeoDio in World Heroes Perfect with Debug BIOS

I have a debug BIOS and World Heroes Perfect. Is there any way to get the bosses (Zeus, NeoDio) with these? Also, is it possible to get Gokuu, or is he only in the CD version.
  19. J

Viz's new Shonen Jump magazine kicks ass. :D

The title is pretty much the topic. Viz is apparently distributing some equivalent of Shonen Jump in the US. So far, they mainly have Dragon Ball (I think it's Vol. 26 so far) and Yugioh as their "headline" manga. That said, the Yugioh manga is actually pretty kick-ass... I know you're all...
  20. J

River City Hackysack

<a href="http://www.somethingawful.com/rchs/" target="_blank">River City Hackysack</a> Guaranteed to make you "BARF!" with glee.