Search results

1. XYXZYZ

Was SNK planning "Mai World"?

Some time around 1995 or 1996, my cousin had a computer and had just gotten this thing called the "internet" and I now had access to Al Gore's highly acclaimed Information Super Highway. One of the first things I searched for was Neo Geo. I remember some webpage that mentioned news about a new...
  2. XYXZYZ

Arcade boards with a pause switch?

I have a toggle switch wired to DIP 8 on my MVS, making it a functioning pause switch. I know most if not all CPS-1 boards have a "screen stop" switch that can pause the game. Do you guys know of any other hardware type, or individual games that have DIP switches that pause the game? This is...
  3. XYXZYZ

Strange video problem with Strikers 1999

Okay, I have a Z-back cabinet with vertical monitor. When I plug my Strikers 1999 board into it, the graphics are messed up, like the horizontal sync is out. But when I plug that board into 3 other cabinets, (One of them an MVS) it works just fine. So, apparently I have some problem with the...
  4. XYXZYZ

Will Japanese sticks fit an American cabinet?

I have a Dynamo Z-back cabinet with a vertical monitor that's great for shmups, but I want a better joystick. I've heard good things about the Seimitsu LS-32s, but if I get one will it fit the mounting screws welded to the control panel? I've also heard that Suzo Inductives are good for shmups...
  5. XYXZYZ

MVS coin lamps- 12 volts?

My coin lamps were dead when I got the cabinet. I replaced them, and they were incredibly bright, and burned out rather quickly. I measured it at 12.6V, is that right? Seems kinda high... I haven't actually looked at the wiring yet.
  6. XYXZYZ

What did MVS carts cost an operator?

How much did arcade operators pay for MVS carts in the early 90s? The way I've always understood it was that AES carts were cheaper... wasn't the average arcade kit $600.00 - $1,000.00 US? How did the MVS carts compare?
  7. XYXZYZ

Anyone have Aero Fighters/Sonic Wings 2 MVS?

I'm looking for Aero Fighters 2 or Sonic Wings 2 MVS cart, condition's not too important as long as it works. And I prefer a US seller with paypal, because I'm impatient and lazy.:D
  8. XYXZYZ

Where do I get these joystick bases?

The joysticks on my MVS 2-25 had a wide throw and missed the diagonals a lot, very uncomfortable and I played like shit with them. But I had the hardware from an old Nintendo Pro Play cabinet laying around, the joystick bases have these little tabs on them between the actuator and the snap...
  9. XYXZYZ

MVS is JAMMA compatible, right?

I'm sure this question has come up before, but searching gives me an error. Just got a new cabinet, a Street Fighter EX2 (Which is Sony ZN1 I think) but the monitor is kind of squirrely. I find it kind of strange trying to tweak it using the SFEX2 game, all that 3D stuff throws me off (don't...
  10. XYXZYZ

MVS power supply started buzzing (SOLVED)

I just made a pause switch for my 2 slot MVS. The switch works great, but after checking some things in the hardware test, I cycle the power and now there's a loud buzzing sound coming from the power supply, and there's some kind of blinking white or yellow light down there, isn't it supposed...
  11. XYXZYZ

Does anyone else use joysticks exclusively?

When I first started playing Nintendo, I used those evil little game pads like everyone else. I got "Nintendonitis", my hands would start aching after a while. But in 1988 I got an NES Advantage, and all that changed. It felt so natural, I could play for hours with no pain. Also, there was...
  12. XYXZYZ

FFS: Mai Shiranui tips, strategies, etc?

I hear Mai is pretty useless in Fatal Fury Special, but I've been having fun with her. I haven't developed any really reliable strategies, I'm just fighting off the top of my head. Well, not completely, I've figured out that vs Kim you can jump straight up and he'll usually do some move that...
  13. XYXZYZ

Pictures of my new baby!

I finally have my MVS! I feel like a huge burden has been lifted, I'm not held back by AES prices anymore. The cabinet arrived in great shape, just a little dirty and the controls were all gummed up. Did some fierce button-scrubbing and replaced a couple of cherry switches, it plays nice but I'm...
  14. XYXZYZ

Greetings, and questions about MVS cabinets

Hi, I haven't posted much before, but I've been lurking since... I dunno, since Tiptonium made that little video about Chris and Dion getting busted for shill bidding on eBay or something. I've just never had anything to say. But now I do! I just bought a Neo Geo MVS-2-25, the seller said it...
  15. XYXZYZ

Looking for Ninja Combat and Fatal Fury Special MVS carts

I just bought a Big Red!:mr_t: I'd like some stuff to put in it when it gets here. I've got to have Ninja Combat, that was the first Neo Geo game I experienced. And FFS is just about my favorite Neo Geo game, so I've got to have that. I'd like to try and get them both from one source, so I...