Search results

1. TheMagicianLord

Anyone tried one of these consolized MV1C boards w/ memory card reader?

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832664725151.html First I've seen a memory card reader added to an MVS board not made for one. Timeharvest sometimes shows the internals of their consolizations, but unfortunately no images on this one. Definitely curious how they went about it.
  2. TheMagicianLord

Should I be able to click on image attachments and see them?

Was browsing through the FS forum and tried clicking on some of the image thumbnails to see a larger clearer photo, but I just get an "Oops" error. Is that normal?
  3. TheMagicianLord

Darksoft gone into the light?

I know they're still making other arcade projects, but if anyone here is plugged in to the scene better, is there much hope of another release of the Darksoft MVS cart? I'm considering picking up a 2nd NeoSD Pro just to have a spare, but I'd hold off if there's any reasonable chance Darksoft...
  4. TheMagicianLord

What coffee maker do you use? Also brewed coffee vs. coffee concentrates?

Using this one at present: Long story short, started out with standard coffee makers. Went to a Keurig briefly, then with its reusable pod. Went back to a regular coffee maker. Now trying out concentrates. Got one here called Javy, which doesn't seem bad.
  5. TheMagicianLord

Connecting MV2F (or any multi-slot MVS) to a Supergun

Would like to determine what exactly is needed to connect an MVS board, like the MV2F, to a supergun. I'm sure most, or all, of you here know there's a slightly different interface used for multislot MVS boards, but just in case anyone isn't familiar, I'm going off this chart where it says...
  6. TheMagicianLord

If I had any hair, I'd pull it out

Found this basic NeoBiosMasta on eBay and ordered for an MV1B board. It took me 2 hours of troubleshooting before I realized the BIOS IC and socket were actually installed backwards (it came to me that way). I ended up putting a different BIOS in just in case the one installed backwards was...
  7. TheMagicianLord

Failed MV1B BIOS/Virtual Mem Card Install

So I went into this endeavor knowing full-well this would likely be the outcome. The sketchy adapter board used on the MV1B to attach the first Unibios was a pain to remove. I used solder wick to get as much solder up, unfortunately had to pry a little bit at the edges with a hobby knife because...
  8. TheMagicianLord

TheMagicianLord's entire goddamn NeoGeo collection

Recent acquisitions: Only have 1 real game so far, KoF 99, but should get a Neo Turf Masters from Japan one day whenever the container ship makes the great journey. Also have a couple shock boxes ordered for them. I plan to be pretty slow about acquiring real games. Getting into MVS...
  9. TheMagicianLord

What's with people slicing up the AES console shells to install unneeded jacks?

So I'm having to start over in retrogaming, and have been looking at AES systems on eBay (as well as MVS, but this concern is just with AES). Quite surprised how many are pointlessly sliced up to install component jacks/composite jacks/etc. What is wrong with the RGB from the stock DIN? And if...
  10. TheMagicianLord

AES PAL to NTSC Conversion

Recently picked up an AES system I was told was a US version. Asked the seller if he was sure it put out an NTSC signal and he said yes. I hooked it up to my small CRT via composite and I get a B&W picture. Upon examining the system board (revision 1 board), I noticed the CXA1145P chip has pin 7...
  11. TheMagicianLord

Mark of the Wolves: AES or MVS?

So I can play the game equally as well on either. But which is likely the better investment?
  12. TheMagicianLord

Guess I missed a good deal

What's a fair price for this game? https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rare-SNK-NEOGEO-AES-ROM-DOUBLE-DRAGON-Retro-Game-1995-USED-Japan-F-S/401792242527 It was on eBay yesterday for $383, but it's since been repriced to $649.
  13. TheMagicianLord

Daedalus converter vs. Omega?

Debating between the two, and not sure which is the best route to go. Relatively new here, and don't want to get into any drama, but it looks like the Daedalus was created by a member, DavidG, who the community says is a scammer? Yet it's still for sale in the store? What's the story around...