Search results

1. TheMagicianLord

Anyone tried one of these consolized MV1C boards w/ memory card reader?

Maybe they'll do a future run of those AES clone consolizations with a memory card feature added. I'm guessing that's a lot more expensive and time consuming to produce, though, having to do a new injection mold and overall redesign. I still may grab one of these current ones. Takes up a lot...
  2. TheMagicianLord

1. Memory card is portable, and you can move it to other boards/consoles if you have multiple 2. You can actually buy a memory card
  3. TheMagicianLord

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832664725151.html First I've seen a memory card reader added to an MVS board not made for one. Timeharvest sometimes shows the internals of their consolizations, but unfortunately no images on this one. Definitely curious how they went about it.
  4. TheMagicianLord

Should I be able to click on image attachments and see them?

Was browsing through the FS forum and tried clicking on some of the image thumbnails to see a larger clearer photo, but I just get an "Oops" error. Is that normal?
  5. TheMagicianLord

Analogue Pocket

I find the dPad better than the tiny one on my GBA, but I guess that's not saying much.
  6. TheMagicianLord

Darksoft gone into the light?

I know they're still making other arcade projects, but if anyone here is plugged in to the scene better, is there much hope of another release of the Darksoft MVS cart? I'm considering picking up a 2nd NeoSD Pro just to have a spare, but I'd hold off if there's any reasonable chance Darksoft...
  7. TheMagicianLord

Are US AES systems "rare" now?...

I had a US console in the 90's, wish I had kept it. For nostalgia sake, I ended up getting European and Japanese consoles later on, changed the Euro console to NTSC. Both were finicky in one way or another, and what surprised me about them when I got them was just how cheap and light they felt...
  8. TheMagicianLord

What coffee maker do you use? Also brewed coffee vs. coffee concentrates?

Think mine was $69. It's pretty basic. Only thing I wish it had was an auto-off.
  9. TheMagicianLord

What coffee maker do you use? Also brewed coffee vs. coffee concentrates?

Using this one at present: Long story short, started out with standard coffee makers. Went to a Keurig briefly, then with its reusable pod. Went back to a regular coffee maker. Now trying out concentrates. Got one here called Javy, which doesn't seem bad.
  10. TheMagicianLord

AES needs to warm-up for NeoSD pro to work?

For Deoxit, there's the regular D5 and then a DN5, the latter of which doesn't leave residue. I use the DN5 for my retro contact cleaning. Glad you got it solved!
  11. TheMagicianLord

OP says hes got a Triad 5V4A, which is plenty. I really can't picture a PSU defect that would cause this kind of time-dependent behaviour. Moreover, someone else in the thread mentioned they had a similar problem and swapping PSU's didn't help. But if OP has an extra, can't hurt to try.
  12. TheMagicianLord

8Bitdo Neo geo wireless controller SNK licensed

Did you have to remap any buttons with the NeoBT adapter? May get one if SAG gets them back in stock.
  13. TheMagicianLord

What records are you listening to tonight?

PSA: Miles Davis - In a Silent Way finally back in stock at Mofi. Been waiting at least a couple years for it to pop up again.
  14. TheMagicianLord

Main thing here is there's a time component, which immediately points at cap. I'm not sure it could be anything else. You said you replaced them all, but it's still possible to get a faulty new cap. Also, there's probably caps in the NeoSD itself, so fault could instead be there, which ofc you'd...
  15. TheMagicianLord

AES board with Faulty Video/Audio

What did you use for contact cleaner? Something like Deoxit? Sometimes you really gotta scrub. Also, did you try a different power supply? Could be it has an issue, could be it works fine on another board, but that boards pulls ever so slightly too much. Are you trying with a standard cart or...
  16. TheMagicianLord

8Bitdo Neo geo wireless controller SNK licensed

Tested controller with PC and works fine, but will not work with my consolized MVS. LED is on on dongle, it's paired, but MVS sees no input. What's odd is the 8bitdo arcade stick that I had briefly did work with the MVS, and it used a 2.4ghz dongle as well. I wonder what's different. In any...
  17. TheMagicianLord

Connecting MV2F (or any multi-slot MVS) to a Supergun

Swapped in the holder and LIR2032. Seems to work fine, no excess heat, no explosions. (y)
  18. TheMagicianLord

Checked out their 2F guide as well as 1B. Both involve disabling the charging circuit and using a standard 2032. What I wanted to do was use a rechargeable LIR2032 and not disable the charging circuit. I'm just unsure if the existing charging circuit will be compatible with the LIR2032 (e.g...
  19. TheMagicianLord

So MV2F doesn't seem to retain Unibios settings, so guessing board battery is toast. Would replacing with a 2032 socket and LIR2032 rechargeable be a decent solution?