A dog showed up my house yesterday afternoon. We are not dog people.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There's a new animal shelter that just opened up not far from where I live. They were trying to raise money to house 80 cats and dogs. Good on the people for having kind hearts but it seems so impossible, especially in this society. It might be more humane to euthanize strays instead of letting them die from starvation. Last winter I saw two stray dogs frozen to death. It was sad but what can you do.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
There's a new animal shelter that just opened up not far from where I live. They were trying to raise money to house 80 cats and dogs. Good on the people for having kind hearts but it seems so impossible, especially in this society. It might be more humane to euthanize strays instead of letting them die from starvation. Last winter I saw two stray dogs frozen to death. It was sad but what can you do.
You could feed them.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
We took her to a local hoity-toity pet shop and they scanned her, couldnt find a chip. When we ended up taking her to a local shelter, they scanned her there too and didn't find anything.
You're a good guy. If it was me I would have given it a drink and just kicked it out but im a cunt.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
You're a good guy. If it was me I would have given it a drink and just kicked it out but im a cunt.
tbh that was the plan. The wife told me she put the dog out back and I told her to let her out so the dog could just go home. But then I saw her face, and she hadn't left my front door for about 20 minutes and I got worried so I took her back and started the search.

Call me a bastard, but I'd much sooner help a needy animal than a human.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Call animal protection services? Shitty situation indeed.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
There's no arguing the point. Cats can definitely be selfish pricks. But when you get a good one (or ones), they can be really cool. I've been lucky to have great cats through my life. Only one Ive ever had was a prick, but not to me and the wife. He was the sweetest boy ever. Polydactyl, extremely loyal, cuddly, weirdo personality. Seriously the sweetest cat ever.

But visitors would never know it. To them, Neo was DD's jerk cat that hissed at em for existing.

What a good boy. I miss him terribly. I lost him in November of last year. We took him to get some teeth pulled because he was drooling excessively. They called us at lunch time to tell us he had mouth cancer. That day really sucked. He was 15.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I had a cat that all the family loved, then one day it started having seizures. We'd literally just torn the packaging off a giant new sofa when she climbed on board, had a seizure and pissed all over the place. It took me days of cleaning to get the stink out of the sofa. Unfortunately the cat had a brain tumour and had to be put out of her misery.

Fast forward a couple of years and we got a dog. The dog had her first season and smeared period blood all over the sofa and I just binned the fucking sofa.

I'm struggling to finish this tale with a life lesson so just fuck you animals.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I had a cat that all the family loved, then one day it started having seizures. We'd literally just torn the packaging off a giant new sofa when she climbed on board, had a seizure and pissed all over the place. It took me days of cleaning to get the stink out of the sofa. Unfortunately the cat had a brain tumour and had to be put out of her misery.

NlSg.gif