Recent content by GadgetUK

1. GadgetUK

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

December update - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1676714319/xeno-crisis-a-new-game-for-the-sega-genesis-mega-d/posts/3381330 CPLD for the Prog PCB has been made public now. ROM due soon. MV1C issue worked out too - Matt worked out it was a problem with the YSA2, an undocumented bug...
  2. GadgetUK

Recent purchases (after the initial release batch shipped out) all have the update applied, so they should be fine anyway! Expecting an update shortly regards people getting their carts updated. I do know that they've had covid at BB though this past week!
  3. GadgetUK

They did specifically test it against other carts and it was designed (very carefully) to co-exist. I think the problem does lie in the final testing stage. They definitely need to test the final version of their next Neo Geo game against all 30 boards, and pay attention to sound, and testing...
  4. GadgetUK

In general I agree! What I would say in BB's defense here - the audio issue was easy to miss based on their testing stations, and the fluke chance that a CPLD change done in the middle of lockdowns and covid meant that tiny change was overlooked and not picked up in the final testing. The...
  5. GadgetUK

Yes, there's a firmware update to fix that problem! Testing went well, but from what we understand there's a problem with a 1C out there that needs further investigation. Once that's addressed it will be rolled out. My understanding is you will be able to send it somewhere (shipping covered)...
  6. GadgetUK

So, the good news (needs a lot of testing - sorry, I know I keep saying how much testing is required... All I can say is I've been testing with mostly 1 MVS here and I've used ALL my spare time over the last 7 or 8 days on this - BB have 21+ systems to test on, and they've been working and test...
  7. GadgetUK

I believe the sound issue is more or less sorted - just yet more testing, and more work on the 1FZ issue, more testing. Then it's a case of coordinating the fixes. Feature changes won't happen - firstly its unfair to CD owners, and as Neo Alec says, every change (even small) needs a tonne of...
  8. GadgetUK

I think they want to get peoples carts correct first! But they may provide the ROM to cart owners soon - no idea at this stage. Tonnes more testing today.
  9. GadgetUK

Nice =D Certainly not junk ;)
  10. GadgetUK

The minor overscan thing cannot be addressed - it's a super minor thing imo, feedback means it will be something they focus on on the NEXT Neo Geo game. It's just a complication not needed right now - it would also p*** off CD owners as their version wouldnt contain the update lol (I am...
  11. GadgetUK

The perma fix works fine for sound btw! Matt spent some additional time last night reviewing the audio balance - I pointed it out as a number of people had said it was left biased after the temp fix. He did comparisons of the db level and they are balanced correctly vs the original recordings...
  12. GadgetUK

Technically you are owed that back by customs (I think). I assume you purchased before brexit. If so, find your payment receipt on credit card or PayPal and find the process for claiming back mistaken taxes like that.
  13. GadgetUK

No worries! Glad it worked for you! In other news, I've been helping test my cart at my side with the perma fix - works for me! Lots more testing required but it looks like it's just about testing now, and finding the best way to apply it. Huge thanks to BB for allowing me to apply that...
  14. GadgetUK

Thanks for testing! The reason I pointed this out - I tested the 1FZ again yesterday and found depending on when I applied the patch made a difference. For instance, if I wait for the music to start and you hear the narration on intro, then patch that address - I found it made no difference...
  15. GadgetUK

The 1C might need the cart updating - what I do know is more testing is ongoing, but fixes are being worked on too. I am hoping to help them test at some point today. It's a shame a few boxes got squashed there =/ I cannot remember what the shipping options were, mine came in the larger box...