Do you ever feel depressed that your life is going nowhere ?

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Would you feel better if I told you that maybe it would be best not asking emotional advice from a group of psychos?

I am not being brutal here but NG.com is not a therapy group.

We all have our issues and no matter how much I sympathise and empathise with you, I do not feel that making a thread wholly about it is wholesome.

It only takes one member to start the ball rolling and I will be moving this to the War room.

Mr Rot Phung Te.

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I've noticed this topic come up a lot over the years with various collecting hobbies and one thing I've noticed almost every single time is these people have zero other hobbies that can be more fulfilling. Making art, reading, writing, music, exercise etc. will not only add a huge amount of satisfaction to your life but seriously help eliminate the need to fill the unfillable hole that a lot of people try to fill with games, toys etc.

Don't throw shit away unless it's total junk. Give it away or better yet sell it and use that money to start doing something new or go somewhere.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
I did feel bad about one part of my life years ago. I did something about it and have improved dramatically. Now I focus on my health, my family, and my hobbies last. Everything else that don't bring me/my family joy are minimized.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything​

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

The things you own end up owning you. It's only after you lose everything that you're free to do anything​

You ever thought Norton... that in like nearly 2 decades... you may consider not posting pseudo psychological boolshit?

A nice post concerning the matter in hand or something may actually improve your image somewhat...

xROTx

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You ever thought Norton... that in like nearly 2 decades... you may consider not posting pseudo psychological boolshit?

A nice post concerning the matter in hand or something may actually improve your image somewhat...

xROTx

You Are Not Special. You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake. You Are The Same Decaying Organic Matter As Everything Else​

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

You Are Not Special. You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake. You Are The Same Decaying Organic Matter As Everything Else​

Death is natural... a War room Lock is not...

Direct quote form Confucious....

xROTx

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
You are really going to lock me to the war room for quoting Fight Club in a thread about the ills of conspicuous consumption?

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
You are really going to lock me to the war room for quoting Fight Club in a thread about the ills of conspicuous consumption?
Are you really going to ask Rot this question?

Come on, man.

You already know the answer.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Why the fuck not... I have done a lot worse...

xROTx

PS. You see... the great thing is no one knows if I would seriously consider it... or if I'm joking...

It's like a game of Rot_ussian Roulette....

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I thought the Fight Club quote was right on with the topic. The first one anyways.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
this should be put in the GregN'ing for the stupid fight club quote that happened

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
Fight Club quote is worthy of a ban.

Make it so.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
If Shroom were here he would tell you to go and neck yourself.

He's not here, so I will tell you to go and neck yourself.

Seriously, obsessive gaming and collecting is a depressing pass time for a middle age man. My advice is for you to sell all your shit and get a hobby that other regular people your age are into. You hang around with these other gaming mutants online and you think it is normal but it's not.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
If Shroom were here he would tell you to go and neck yourself.

He's not here, so I will tell you to go and neck yourself.

Seriously, obsessive gaming and collecting is a depressing pass time for a middle age man. My advice is for you to sell all your shit and get a hobby that other regular people your age are into. You hang around with these other gaming mutants online and you think it is normal but it's not.
To be fair, it's the Gen-X crew that grew up on video games. Forcing someone to change hobbies for just the sake of change, while refreshing, is just altering vices, no?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Sad losers on Youtube/Twitter grinding out videos/streams for their 50 followers is going to make for a great psychological case study someday. An entire generation of pathetic virgins with no personality chasing a dream of "going viral" that's never gonna happen.

So yeah, sell all your plastic crap and do something nice for yourself or someone you love. If you're wondering if you wasted your life, you probably did.

Mai_Lover

Dodgeball Yakuza
Sad losers on Youtube/Twitter grinding out videos/streams for their 50 followers is going to make for a great psychological case study someday. An entire generation of pathetic virgins with no personality chasing a dream of "going viral" that's never gonna happen.

So yeah, sell all your plastic crap and do something nice for yourself or someone you love. If you're wondering if you wasted your life, you probably did.
Afaik, life is not a contest. It's a gift, albeit a fleeting, agonizing moment in time. Whatever someone chooses to do with it is their own choice, or perhaps not if they were born without the faculties to do so.
Further, what is this obsession with virginity? Is that a prerequisite for enjoying video games? Or is that some sort of machismo bragging cliche?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
You posted a picture of a chicken sandwich with a Mai figure next to it which I'm willing to bet has been in your ass or at the very least covered in semen so...