sengoku over sengoku 3

pmoniez

n00b
I have always noticed the vast majority of people claiming sengoku 3 as being an amazing game while deriding the original. Am I the only one who feels the original shits all over it? I love side scrolling beat em ups yet always found sengoku 3 utterly boring. While the original was very flawed it had a lot of variety in its environments and enemies whilst sengoku 3 was pretty plain and repetitive.
maybe I'm just looking at the original with rose tinted lenses but I still go back to it. Anyone else agree?

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Sengoku 3 eats the first at every morning breakfast.

The only bad thing Sengoku 3 has is the lack of mixed sprites while in battle.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
What?

Sengoku 3 is much better game lol

pmoniez

n00b
Maybe it's just me. I just really find the lack of enemy variety even worse than burning fight.

DeusVult

Another Striker
I guess its the same with any game its down to personal preference.

I also like burning fight, I think it could have done with more moves and it would have been great

pmoniez

n00b
I really enjoy burning fight as well. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. I guess not. It's all good, each to their own. I'm probably just sentimental for the original since It was the first neo game I played in 91.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'm not saying I like the original over the 3rd one but, the music and atmosphere are top notch, too bad the game has terrible hit detection.

StaticX

The b00bs., Z'OMG The B00BS!,
15 Year Member
3rd one is fun with combos, but for a beat em up..... its too long.
Miss owning it and 900+ isn't worth paying for the AES cart.

ahcmetal

Super Spy Agent
10 Year Member
I really enjoy burning fight as well. I was just wondering if anyone else felt the same. I guess not. It's all good, each to their own. I'm probably just sentimental for the original since It was the first neo game I played in 91.

...hmmmm, but do you love Ninja Combat...and 3 Count Bout...?

kahel

Armored Scrum Object
I love all Sengoku games but i do find the third one more fun thn the first one. They are very different games and i find enjoyment in both games.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I have always noticed the vast majority of people claiming sengoku 3 as being an amazing game while deriding the original. Am I the only one who feels the original shits all over it? I love side scrolling beat em ups yet always found sengoku 3 utterly boring. While the original was very flawed it had a lot of variety in its environments and enemies whilst sengoku 3 was pretty plain and repetitive.
maybe I'm just looking at the original with rose tinted lenses but I still go back to it. Anyone else agree?

Whatever you're smoking, please pass some over here! :D

(unless it's crack)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You won't know if you like crack until you try it. Buy $10 worth and I'll give you the pipe for free.

ROBO2011

Crazed MVS Addict

I really like sengoku for nostalgia. Just like burning fight. Those are the first games i played on the neo

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
Always felt like Sengoku and Ninja Combat were just quarter eaters but I still enjoy them but it's probably due to nostalgia. I like 3 but it's just way too damn long for my tastes.

Besides, we all know Sengoku 2 is better than both of them.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
IMHO, Sengoku 3 > Sengoku 2 > Sengoku 1, however I always find it hard to include Sengoku 3 in this series, because it's so different from 1 and 2 (not even the same characters) and the game mechanics itself is so different (combos, no transformations, etc.)

Regards.

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
why is Sengoku 2 so blasted rare and expensive?

People want it. 20+ years after it's release people are finally realizing how awesome it is.

Same with Burning Fight. The Hobo Blowjob is worth the $200+ price of admission that it currently demands.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Same with Burning Fight. The Hobo Blowjob is worth the $200+ price of admission that it currently demands.

say what? no way Burning Fight is worth that much! I got my MVS cart for $20!! maybe the AES version is the expensive one?