Are these legit?

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/METAL-SLUG-...307?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27da978b9b

I see about 3 different sellers selling these for the $55~ all from Korea. The auctions clearly state if you open it and check, they will not refund/return. I think even if you did and it was a bootleg ebay would side with the buyer, but I don't wanna waste any time with that.

Has anyone here bought any of these and can confirm if they're legit? Thanks.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
They look just like the kit I bought years ago. They likely acquired an old cache of NOS kits from a warehouse. I've seen quite a lot of arcade gear for sale on ebay lately from South Korea, not sure why.

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
25 sold so far and no negative feedback i say it's safe to say they are good.

jessiewonka

New Challenger
Tempting, only 5 left. Didn't see this in an earlier search today, perhaps because he's listed it under "replacement parts".

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Tempting, only 5 left. Didn't see this in an earlier search today, perhaps because he's listed it under "replacement parts".

This is a common practice. It's always worth searching all listings rather than just in the video games category. Many Japanese sellers list games as video game merchandise as well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Bought one from them. The pcbs match that of mvs scans.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
This is a common practice. It's always worth searching all listings rather than just in the video games category. Many Japanese sellers list games as video game merchandise as well.
Has anyone had success with searching for Neo Geo stuff on the Japanese ebay? Or is it only Japanese people who can use it? Is there a lot of Neo Geo stuff on there? Can't seem to figure out how to search for things.

Jassin000

Frenzy Football Player
Good price for a full MVS kit, bad price for Metal Slug 4. It's hands down the worst MS game on Neo, and a serious contender for worst MS game ever. This however exists...

metalslug3d03.jpg

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Good price for a full MVS kit, bad price for Metal Slug 4. It's hands down the worst MS game on Neo, and a serious contender for worst MS game ever. This however exists...

Metal Slug 4 is better than 5 IMO. Even a bad Metal Slug game is better than a lot of other games.

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
MS4 feels like the more recycled one in the serie, yes, even if X is a remake of 2. It's not awful, it's just ok. With that said, that's a great price for the kit.

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
Was worried after i picked one of these up from the same seller. Glad it seems to be legit. I have been finding alot of MVS stuff and kits from South Korea Lately. And mostly advertised as NOS

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
As per people who bought this MS4 did you notice that the outer box is smaller than the usual kits?

...or maybe it's just only mine :annoyed:

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
As per people who bought this MS4 did you notice that the outer box is smaller than the usual kits?

...or maybe it's just only mine :annoyed:

Yeah, and that the sticker is on the same side as the flap instead of the opposite.

El Maricon Loco

Galford's Poppy Trainer,
MS4 feels like the more recycled one in the serie, yes, even if X is a remake of 2. It's not awful, it's just ok. With that said, that's a great price for the kit.

Don't you dare compare 4 with X. X wasn't a remake of 2, if anything it was band-aid for 2.

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
Doesn't mean they're not legit though. I have seen NOS kits where the stickers were not attached or in the wrong place.

At the beginning I was a bit worried about the fact it could be a boot but as I saw some other people here who bought it then I supposed it would be legit.

Of course it may be the worst MS of the serie but I wanted to play all of them and see which one would be the best